Installed Splash Guards

Last night, I installed my front mopar splash guards. There are some modifications required as I was previously told by geer. He cut his inner fender liner to make the splash guard fit, I chose to cut the splash guard itself.... Geer (or anyone else who has installed on the new fascia) did you cut the rear splash guard to fit the profile of the car better, or did you just leave it? I test fitted it and was kind of dissapointed at the amount of space between the fender and the guard where the grey part of the fascia meets the painted part.

Perry

Last night, I installed my front mopar splash guards. There are some modifications required as I was previously told by geer. He cut his inner fender liner to make the splash guard fit, I chose to cut the splash guard itself.... Geer (or anyone else who has installed on the new fascia) did you cut the rear splash guard to fit the profile of the car better, or did you just leave it? I test fitted it and was kind of dissapointed at the amount of space between the fender and the guard where the grey part of the fascia meets the painted part.

Perry

I chose to cut the fender liner because the upper inboard tab or wing of the guard wanted to fit over top the liner and thus push the outboard edge flush against the fender. Mine fits fine and flush. I can snap a pic if you like.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue with mine not fitting correctly on the 2011 with the newer front fascia....we have left it as is for now with the gaps. its not too horribly noticeable but I am hoping that Dodge will come out with a new part number that actually fits the 2011, I'm not wanting to start hacking away at my car! LOL

• 2 months later...

I had a similar issue but with the rear set instead. The fronts fit fine with tucking the tab under as bojanglespa stated. I had to work with the rear set a bit to fit well. The lower rear faci doesn't have as much structual support as i fel it should. The guards actually help in adding some. It's interesting Dodge included a small guard foward of the rear tire.