2011 Journey - brakes squealing since day one

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the same problem aswell. I have around 11,000 km on my R/T and the brakes squeak when I'm breaking at a slow speed. So every time I go through drive-thru at Tim Hortons and pull up to the window, all I hear is my brakes. It's driving me nuts! I'm going to make an appointment for next week. Hopefully they will do something.

I've read through the brake threads and some other sources online about the issues with the Journey's brake system. First I have to say ,and some may already know, that Mopar has always had a poor reputation when it comes to brake issues with new vehicles. It's not surprising that this continues but the solution you're getting from the dealers seems to be an assembly line issue. If replacing the pads or simply cleaning and properly greasing the guides solves the issue then Dodge needs to look at the assembly line to start with. I'm not saying it couldn't be a parts quality issue also. I have almost 400mi on my 2011 with no brake noise so far (knock on wood). The factory pads do produce a lot of dust but this could be from the break in period for them. If it continues as heavy after 500mi then I'll ask the dealer what type of pads are used (obviously not ceramic if it continues).

I had my brake rotars replaced front and back (dealer did front for free, 2nd time they did this) and had my back replaced at about 40,500 km. Journey was in again (safety recal L25 and no surprise on back order from the states) with the dealer and they told me my brakes need servicing due to alot of brake dust. I am wondering is this normal to have alot of brake dust after 8,000km on new rotors? Vehicule will go in again for the "L25" and will get the brakes serviced but just wanted your opinion if this is normal or not.

thanks,

I know they had brake problems in previous years but they are supposed to be fixed for 2011.

But yesterday, my wife sid our 2011 with 850 miles was making an ear piercing squeal when she comes to a slow complete stop. So we went out and I could not replicate. I am wondering if it was because it they now warm vs cold brakes or a build up of brake dust, or just new pads?