Ipod integration 2010 SXT with RET radio

Hiya,

We have a UK 2010 Dodge SXT with the factory standard RET radio.

There is a IPOD specific connector in the glove box - We have purchased a MOPAR DODGE IPOD IPHONE INTERFACE ADAPTER CABLE OEM (110663042486) to allow us to play and control music using the steering wheel controls.

When we plug it into the ipod - the ipod says "not supported accessory"

We have tried it with a Iphone4 ipod classic 120gb and an iphone 3gs - all with the latest firmware from apple.

The manual says to press the AUX button two times to enter the UCI mode, i tried for two hours last nigh - surely i must be doing something wrong?????? PLEASE HELP!!!

We can however use a 3.5mm jack cable, but as you will all understand, this does not skip and control the tracks.

My first thought if it doesn't work with any type of apple product is that it might be the cable... I am not familiar with the hookup of the 2010... Is this a USB plug in the glovebox? Are you able to just plug the regular USB sync cable into it directly without using the adapter cable?

Oh wow. I would have assume it was just a USB post or something in the glovebox.

The only thing I can really think of trying is to make sure that the connector on both the iPod sides, and especially the cable side don't have any dirt/debris stuck in there... That will cause the Accessory not supported message. I have seen this with the apple sync cables when there is dirt, or also when the connector itself has wires inside that are damaged somehow. The only other suggestion I would have is to try and exchange the cable and see if the new one work.

• 1 month later...

I Spoke to the the dealer last week, They contacted Dodge UK who advised us that the connector in the glove box is only utilized when the uconnect module is fitted - They quoted £600 to do this.................... - I thought this was quite an expensive way to skip tracks on my ipod, therefore shall keep using the AUX port instead. The Uconnect modules are however available on the ebay for about £165 from the US if you wanted to import one to the UK and fit it yourself - Its apparently quite a simple job.