sports zone on sirius

I've never gotten an alert either for sports. I did however test out the Favorite band/song feature. That did work - It shows a little green flag at the top of the screen inbetween the driver temperature and the time. I almost missed it, I was expecting a popup to show up or something.

• 5 weeks later...

I've never gotten an alert either for sports. I did however test out the Favorite band/song feature. That did work - It shows a little green flag at the top of the screen inbetween the driver temperature and the time. I almost missed it, I was expecting a popup to show up or something.

I'm hoping this works. I have a separate Sirius Radio that I used in my Nitro before I got the Journey with Sirius built in. The Sirius radio, when I set sports alerts for my teams, it would pop up a little banner on the bottom of my screen anytime that one of my favorite teams were playing a game, that was being broadcast on Sirius. So NFL scores for my selected teams were always scrolling, the NASCAR top 5 will always scroll if there is a race on. I'm hoping the built in Sirius in the Journey will do the same thing, but I'm not sure. The one thing I noticed however, even with my Sirius radio unit, it would only show updates/scores from teams that I've selected if their game was being broadcasted on Sirius somewhere. Unfortunately I've yet to be able to test it in the Journey, because there's no football yet :( and I don't believe the Journey allows you to select NASCAR for updates.

Edited by brandon27

• 7 months later...

I only tried setting it up for NHL, but of course Sirius doesn't even carry NHL in Canada sad.gif

I know this is an old post, but I was catching up on some reading here tonight and found this really funny...That would be like not carrying NFL, MLB, or NASCAR in the USA. Just not right....

Yep... The silly thing is that XM carries the rights to NHL in Canada... And considering Sirius and XM are the same company... I don't get it.

However, this is the really weird thing... On Feb 11th... I got a sports notification for a Canucks game. I clicked on it, and it let me listen to the channel so I assumed Sirius carried NHL... I want to say it was on channel 208. However, the other day I was looking for that channel and it isn't selectable. So I don't know what happened. I haven't gotten NHL alerts since. Not sure if Sirius is testing it out or something.

Yep... The silly thing is that XM carries the rights to NHL in Canada... And considering Sirius and XM are the same company... I don't get it.

However, this is the really weird thing... On Feb 11th... I got a sports notification for a Canucks game. I clicked on it, and it let me listen to the channel so I assumed Sirius carried NHL... I want to say it was on channel 208. However, the other day I was looking for that channel and it isn't selectable. So I don't know what happened. I haven't gotten NHL alerts since. Not sure if Sirius is testing it out or something.

I got a notification for a maple leaf game.Listened to it for ten minutes then they cut it off saying it was in a preview sation carring nhl ice. So i called the next day saying i could find nhl ice and they said it was on the xm side and said they are merging together at the present time and i will get it soon.They couldn't give a date when it will happen but she was trying to get me to buy another year right away. I told her no untill they merged then maybe. lol