hitch

pontiac613

I just installed the factory trailer wire harness for a 7 pin connection.Also installed a curt hitch, and a trailer brake energizer .If any of you guys have ?,s i have them ,i have put alot of time in this project .i have looked on here in the past and did not find anything to help me .but now i can haul anything its great .

I just installed the factory trailer wire harness for a 7 pin connection.Also installed a curt hitch, and a trailer brake energizer .If any of you guys have ?,s i have them ,i have put alot of time in this project .i have looked on here in the past and did not find anything to help me .but now i can haul anything its great .

That is what I need to do as soon as I receive my Journey. I have a brake control out of my previous vehicle. Was there anything special involved in installing the controller?

A picture of the mounted controller would be great, I'm not sure where to put mine.

Was there anything out of the ordinary with the factory 7 pin? I have ordered an aftermarket one with LED lights post-3376-0-78788200-1306084879_thumb.jp , but don't really forsee any problems.

Thanks

Perry

Edited by SaskGuy

That is what I need to do as soon as I receive my Journey. I have a brake control out of my previous vehicle. Was there anything special involved in installing the controller?

A picture of the mounted controller would be great, I'm not sure where to put mine.

Was there anything out of the ordinary with the factory 7 pin? I have ordered an aftermarket one with LED lights post-3376-0-78788200-1306084879_thumb.jp , but don't really forsee any problems.

Thanks

Perry

You just need to find the signal wire from the brake pedal harness and use 12 gauge wire ,and connect it directly to a positive and negitive under the hood.

The brake controller also MUST be within easy reach to manually activate the trailer brakes. Will be clear in the install instructions. Mine is mounted above my right shin (as I sit in the driver seat with foot on gas pedal) at the bottom edge of the plastic cover under the steering wheel.