Anyone Install Hitch

SaskGuy

Has anyone installed the mopar trailer hitch with the NEW rear fascia?? My Journey won't be at dealer until 6th of June and I need to tow my trailer on the 10th!!

Just trying to get a head start on the install. Pictures would be most helpful.

There are a few excellent posts on installs with the old fascia.

Hope it fits with the new!!

Has anyone installed the mopar trailer hitch with the NEW rear fascia?? My Journey won't be at dealer until 6th of June and I need to tow my trailer on the 10th!!

Just trying to get a head start on the install. Pictures would be most helpful.

There are a few excellent posts on installs with the old fascia.

Hope it fits with the new!!

I have the new fascia, and I also bought a clean used mopar hitch off the classified here. I was out there today looking at the prospective installation, from underneath. Appears to be straightforward, although removal of the fascia and cutting out the hitch opening is mandatory. However I don't see it being any different than the other fascia version. It did seem to me that the spare tire is really close to the fascia - I sure hope the new fascia does not change the application spec for the hitch! I cannot confirm since I haven't picked up this hitch yet.

If you go on the online mopar accessories catalog, you can download the installation instructions as a PDF.

Edited by Geer

My main worry is that the new fascia will have a deeper profile than the old. This would make the cutaway a little more difficult to do. I WAS going to try the install without cutting the fascia like a previous post showed, but I don't think it will work with the new.

I couldn't find the online instructions, but I have the hitch at work. I will have a look at them there. I assume that they make no mention of the 2 peice NEW rear fascia.

Hey Geer... It's Sunday... Go pick up that hitch and get at 'er!!! I want to see how you do it before I start!!

I just had the dealer install the factory hitch on my 2011 journey crew. they did an awesom job. pics are on the journey forum main page as i just uploaded them today. It's the Mango Tango Orange Journey. Shows the hitch and new Weather Tech window vent shades. The 2011`s have LED lights and there is a software update that has to be done before the power gets supplied to the plug. Make sure they do that. Good luck. I love mine.

Edited by Toby son

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Geer... It's Sunday... Go pick up that hitch and get at 'er!!! I want to see how you do it before I start!!

So Geer, did you get your hitch installed? Seeing pictures of the new rear fascia, I am getting a little worried because of the minimal clearance between the fascia and the tires. My car is supposed to be at the dealer by the end of the week (finally!!) and then the work begins!

• 2 months later...

I just had the dealer install the factory hitch on my 2011 journey crew. they did an awesom job. pics are on the journey forum main page as i just uploaded them today. It's the Mango Tango Orange Journey. Shows the hitch and new Weather Tech window vent shades. The 2011`s have LED lights and there is a software update that has to be done before the power gets supplied to the plug. Make sure they do that. Good luck. I love mine.

Do you happen to have the part # for the 2011 wiring harness used for the trailer lighting circuit? My local dealer can't find a proper part # from the factory. I was sure I couldn't be the first one wanng this.

The part number for it included on the instruction booklet is: 68080978AA. The part number on the sticker on the harness itself is: 68080977AC. This is the connector that has the 4 point connector on it... Is that what you were looking for?

If those are the part #'s for the 2011 with LED tail/brake lights, then yes, that's exactly what I needed. Apparently the 09-10 harness is no the same. It still surprises me that I am the first 2011 owner in my area to ask the dealer about the harness.

Thanks!

If those are the part #'s for the 2011 with LED tail/brake lights, then yes, that's exactly what I needed. Apparently the 09-10 harness is no the same. It still surprises me that I am the first 2011 owner in my area to ask the dealer about the harness.

Thanks!

That's the harness that I have for my 2011 R/T :) Hope it helps