2011 R/T AWD Modded

moondwagon

Hello Everyone, I picked up my R/T AWD a few weeks ago and had some minor alterations done to it...lol. Had all the bottom plastic sprayed Brilliant Black along with the cross in the grill and the fog light surrounds. Also had the front chin bar painted in Deep Cherry Red and finally the wheels in Brilliant Black. Tinted out and installed the Mopar Door Sills, and waiting on my mudgurads to come back painted from the shop. The only thing left is getting the headliner and all the pillar posts and such in black...... will take a lot longer to accomplish this though I think, lol. As for the car itself it is a great vehicle..... fast, quiet and loaded with cool techie stuff. If anyone drives the new 11 Journey I can't really imagine them not buying one! Anyway I wanted to say hello to everyone, and I love my Journey R/T!

P.S. check out my photo gallery for pics of the mods.

post-3443-0-00884100-1305049014_thumb.jp

If anyone drives the new 11 Journey I can't really imagine them not buying one! Anyway I wanted to say hello to everyone, and I love my Journey R/T!

I looked at all your photos in your gallery and your car looks great! Well done....... While I am not a fan of the black wheels, I personally would have had chrome but that is just me. congrats!!!

Terry

Yea, I had a body shop I work with take care of it. They removed the pieces sanded them down and painted them. It gives it move of a finished look over the factory. And they did it perfectly. The metallic black looks amazing in the sun. Once the mud flaps are finished being painted I'll upload another pic. As for the wheels I was back and forth with the chrome. But they did the wheels for me at the same price so I said what the heck. I still may buy a set of chrome 20's with a Deep Cherry Red or Brilliant Black insert....... decisions decisions lol.

As for the wheels I was back and forth with the chrome. But they did the wheels for me at the same price so I said what the heck. I still may buy a set of chrome 20's with a Deep Cherry Red or Brilliant Black insert.......

Even though I may prefer chrome, it does look good the way you did it.

Terry

not dogging on your style at all terry, but i think too much chrome can look tacky,(not talking about your car i actually think chrome and white go really nice together) and with the color scheme that the op has on his journey, i think the black wheels make it look all the sportier. very well done.

Edited by 2011mainmango

I agree. The bottom of the front fascia should have been color matched on all Journeys. Looks much better than the silver.

I agree. Check out the misleading info on the US Site - Build Your Own.

Build a Journey LUX AWD

at the end click Show Standard Features - navigate down to Interior & Exterior Additional Features

It shows: Dodge Body-Color Fascias

not dogging on your style at all terry, but i think too much chrome can look tacky,(not talking about your car i actually think chrome and white go really nice together) and with the color scheme that the op has on his journey, i think the black wheels make it look all the sportier. very well done.

No problem mainmango, as I said in another thread, there is no right or wrong answer to this. I agree with you, moondwagon does have a good looking wagon (pardon the pun). I think it probably has a lot to do with our ages (I really hate to admit this). The reason I say this is because when I was "growing" up, chrome wheels and big tires were in vogue. In todays world there are much more choices especially when it comes to wheels and tires. Back when I was younger there weren't many body coloured or back wheels, today they are more the norm rather than the exception.

There is no doubt about it, a person can go "overboard" with chrome, it is a fine line between what may look good and "tacky". I really do think moondwagon's wheels and tires look good, just not what I may do. I am certainly not saying that's wrong, it is what he chose to do and I certainly respect that.

I know that I am doing the exact opposite on my Journey that I did on my PT convertible. On my PT because it was black, I tended to have very little chrome (except the wheels). As I said earlier it is probably because groing up chrome 5 spokes were what was cool. On my Journey it initially had more chrome and it was white.

TJG2995.jpg

Terry

Edited by Windancer

• 2 weeks later...

8000k hid's installed....... thinking I'm going to fabricate some new fog light housings and put led strips in like on the new mercedes-benz cars. I really like the look of those. About to black out the interior too. I'll post pics as soon as that's done. Btw I'm diggin the PT Conv...... love that car.

• 1 month later...