I purchased my 2011 Journey Crew with the 8.4N radio 3 weeks ago. I was having absolutely no problems until this weekend. Out of no where the bluetooth stopped working. I started the car and noticed my iphone wasn't connected. I tried to hit the button on the radio, but nothing happened. The phone button on the steering wheel as well as the voice command button didn't do anything either. I even went into the radio settings to hit the phone/bluetooth button... and nothing. The buttons always "beep" and they light up like it knows i'm hitting it, but it doesn't go to the bluetooth menu. I called the dealer and they said to bring it in... but i'm not going to be able to get up there for another week or two. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

That's the problem... i can't delete it because i can't access the phone menu in the car. i hit the button and it beeps and lights up, but it won't go to the phone menu.

Hey, that is sooooo weird. I was about to post the exact same issue!!!

I got my R/T 4 weeks ago and this morning I realized my Bluetooth wasn't working anymore. The VR is also not working. Like you, I am unable to go in the bluetooth menu in the config.

Anybody has a clue, or does anybody know how to reset the system?

Ok false alarm, after I started the car the Phone menu was back, but still not working.

I verified the fuse #F-131 in the indoor panel, It is not broken.

Think I'll need a visit to the dealer... Arrrghhh :(

Edited by deulyd

i just got it resolved today. It took 3 trips to the dealer, which for me is a 20 minute drive. There's something with pressing the brake pedal caused a module to break. The part was backordered because apparently its become a problem a lot of people are having. but it finally works!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • Official Dodge Support

I have just experienced this same issue! Was hoping for a reset solution or something similar...but it looks like according to others here that a trip to the dealer is needed.

Conan,

There is also a software update that make attribute to the problem. This can be performed at the dealer. I have listed it below.

NUMBER: 08-023-11 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: August 12, 2011

SUBJECT:

FLASH: Hands Free Module Software Enhancements

OVERVIEW:

This Bulletin involves performing a USB service flash of the Hands Free Module (HFM).

MODELS:

2011 (JC) Journey

2011 (LD) Charger

2011 (LX) 300

NOTE: This bulletin applies to JC, LD, and LX vehicles built from December 20, 2010

(MDH 1220XX) to **June 10, 2011 (MDH 0610XX)** equipped with UCONNECT

VOICE COMMAND W/BLUETOOTH (sales code RSP, RSQ for international).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

The customer may experience the following:

· **No start, or drained battery due to HFM keeping bus awake.**

· **Using Station names to switch channels will take user to the wrong channel.**

· **Station names added to the Sirius line up after the May 4th are not be

recognized.**

· **HFM does not work and the phone screens cannot be entered into at all**

· If the Emergency and Towing assistance number are modified by the customer after

several ignition cycles they revert back to default number.

· Voice Recognition for Phone book names may not work.

· Voice Recognition may not work at all. Voice Recognition may recover after several

ignition cycles or in some cases Voice Recognition may never recover.

· Phone book download to vehicle system is incomplete. Phone book download may

recover after several ignition cycles

· Once a call is transferred to handset it cannot be transferred back to vehicle Hands

free system. This issue is intermittent.

· Voice Recognition Satellite commands may not work. Voice Recognition Satellite

commands may recover after several ignition cycles or in some cases may never

recover.

· User can not select Brief or Detailed **voice response** mode in settings

· In NAV mode “Call” soft key is not available for Points Of Interest with phone

numbers.

· Hands Free Calls with Audio Muted. Incoming or Outgoing calls are intermittently

muted or muted when making a call via a favorite immediately after ending a call.

· Screen switches to Main Phone screen every time phone connects

· System may call Emergency without waiting for user to say “Yes” when detailed

prompt modes are active.

· Cannot get into phone mode via Phone soft key after editing emergency number.

Conan,

There is also a software update that make attribute to the problem. This can be performed at the dealer. I have listed it below.

SUBJECT:

FLASH: Hands Free Module Software Enhancements

OVERVIEW:

This Bulletin involves performing a USB service flash of the Hands Free Module (HFM).

MODELS:

2011 (JC) Journey

2011 (LD) Charger

2011 (LX) 300

NOTE: This bulletin applies to JC, LD, and LX vehicles built from December 20, 2010

(MDH 1220XX) to **June 10, 2011 (MDH 0610XX)** equipped with UCONNECT

VOICE COMMAND W/BLUETOOTH (sales code RSP, RSQ for international).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

The customer may experience the following:

· **No start, or drained battery due to HFM keeping bus awake.**

· **Using Station names to switch channels will take user to the wrong channel.**

· **Station names added to the Sirius line up after the May 4th are not be

recognized.**

· **HFM does not work and the phone screens cannot be entered into at all**

· If the Emergency and Towing assistance number are modified by the customer after

several ignition cycles they revert back to default number.

· Voice Recognition for Phone book names may not work.

· Voice Recognition may not work at all. Voice Recognition may recover after several

ignition cycles or in some cases Voice Recognition may never recover.

· Phone book download to vehicle system is incomplete. Phone book download may

recover after several ignition cycles

· Once a call is transferred to handset it cannot be transferred back to vehicle Hands

free system. This issue is intermittent.

· Voice Recognition Satellite commands may not work. Voice Recognition Satellite

commands may recover after several ignition cycles or in some cases may never

recover.

· User can not select Brief or Detailed **voice response** mode in settings

· In NAV mode “Call” soft key is not available for Points Of Interest with phone

numbers.

· Hands Free Calls with Audio Muted. Incoming or Outgoing calls are intermittently

muted or muted when making a call via a favorite immediately after ending a call.

· Screen switches to Main Phone screen every time phone connects

· System may call Emergency without waiting for user to say “Yes” when detailed

prompt modes are active.

· Cannot get into phone mode via Phone soft key after editing emergency number.

Just took my 2011 Journey LUX in for the bluetooth issue. While there they told me there are several recalls that they will do as well (all flash). there were some for the instrument cluster, the pcm for the powertrain and some reprogramming ones for some modules.. Any way after about 2 1/2 hrs there they told me that They couldn't perform the Bluetooth update cuase it kept failing on them so they are going to replace the HF module. They also ordered me a new Amplifier as it is one of the recalls. So once those come in I will update if that fixed the issue with the bluetooth. Still having the music(sd card) issue where it displays the artist for some songs. I think that might be more of the sd cards issues cause the usb drives seem to have no problem with it.

• 4 weeks later...

New bluetooth module and amp installed, seemed to fix problems. Voice Recognition now works for my iphone 4. Still no dice with VR working with my music sources though. Also SD card is picky on when it displays the right music info. My usb drive works fine as long as all files are in the same format. Any thoughts on SD card issues would be appreciated. I had a ford fusion with the sync system and that worked flaulessly regardless of what type of files I had on the drive. Dodge should check into that system and fix these issues soon.

• 4 years later...