New around here

imaclatchie

Just wanted to check in and say I will (in a few short hours) take possession of a brand spanking new Silver 2011 Journey.

Old car was a stick, looking forward to not peddling while sitting 'parked' on the freeway.

Looking forward to more space in the cabin, being able to eat a cheeseburger while driving, the cool new interior, 4 x 12 volt plugins!! 4!!

I have the most basic of models, does anyone know if the USB will allow me to choose music from my iPhone? It'd be nice to have.

Also, this model does not have Bluetooth, anyone have any suggestions for a visor handsfree bluetooth?

Hello all...

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome!

As for adding bluetooth, the cheapest thing to do, is buy a sunvisor bluetooth setup, it's about the size of a Garage door opener. About 20-30 bucks. As for adding a factory setup...not sure.

As for the USB port for the iPhone/iPod use, not sure that it will work. I have seen mixed results when useing IPods and Chrysler Mygig/Ucconect radio systems.

Just wanted to check in and say I will (in a few short hours) take possession of a brand spanking new Silver 2011 Journey.

Old car was a stick, looking forward to not peddling while sitting 'parked' on the freeway.

Looking forward to more space in the cabin, being able to eat a cheeseburger while driving, the cool new interior, 4 x 12 volt plugins!! 4!!

I have the most basic of models, does anyone know if the USB will allow me to choose music from my iPhone? It'd be nice to have.

Also, this model does not have Bluetooth, anyone have any suggestions for a visor handsfree bluetooth?

Hello all...

Ian

I did a good bit of research on these Bluetooth speaker phones recently, so here's my suggestions. I ended up getting the Motorola T325, since I didn't need that many voice command / audio streaming features.

These are all visor-clip type speaker phones that automatically pair with your phone, can download address books, and provide some type of voice commanding:

If you want something that is towards the top-end ($70 - $100) and voice command/recognition is a top priority, then the Blueant S4 is your best bet

If you want a speaker-phone that can also be pumped into the car's stereo/speakers (via an FM transmitter) for better audio streaming quality, then either the Motorola T505 or the Motorola Roadster are good bets.

If you want lower-end unit ($30-$45 range) with the basic functions, then I think the T325 is the best bet - has worked well for me so far. The volume buttons aren't in the best place, but other than that it's solid.

The biggest thing to do is check the support web-pages before settling on one and make sure the vendor has tested your cell-phone model with the Bluetooth Speaker-phone. Some also have levels of compatibility ratings.

Cheers and congrats on the 2011 Journey