hello i just bought the 2011 journey and it says it has cd/dvd/mp3/nav but it will not down load anything it will just play off the thump drive i also have the 09 ram with the mp3 and when i put the thump drive in it will ask me to down load but the car will not can any body help me please thanks

hello i just bought the 2011 journey and it says it has cd/dvd/mp3/nav but it will not down load anything it will just play off the thump drive i also have the 09 ram with the mp3 and when i put the thump drive in it will ask me to down load but the car will not can any body help me please thanks

As I know there is no harddrive on the UConnect system. But there is an SD Card reader!

SDCard are pretty cheap and UConnect supports cards up to 64Gb. So just leave your SDCard in your car.

I'm sorry but I have to say this - learn how to make sentences! Also, it is thumb drive, not thump drive.

As deulyd said, there is no hard drive. You can put music on a USB memory stick (thumb drive) or SD Card. I use an SD card and it works great. I just always leave it plugged in unless I need to add more songs.

I'm sorry but I have to say this - learn how to make sentences! Also, it is thumb drive, not thump drive.

As deulyd said, there is no hard drive. You can put music on a USB memory stick (thumb drive) or SD Card. I use an SD card and it works great. I just always leave it plugged in unless I need to add more songs.

what are you my teacher? Is that a sentences. And thank you

Edited by peppermango

• 3 weeks later...

I asked my dealer about the hard drive and said there is not one for the Journey. SD card slot works great tough, you can insert up to a 64GB card, I use 8GB and there is plenty of room for music and just leave it in the slot. Works just as if there is a hard drive in the car. When I want to add music, I take it out, add the songs from my PC and insert again. As my wife and I have different tastes in music, we each have a SD card that we interchange depending on who is driving. We also argue about whose card to use when we are both in the car, but that is another issue that probably can't be resolved in this forum.

Edited by zack