Best automotive leather cleaner?

Xphyle

• 10 months later...
I think 3M has a protectant you can put on it before it gets soiled, but I think it is very specific to certain types of leather.

What type of leather is in the Journey??

The manual says that we should use Mopar® Total Clean and that:

"Your leather upholstery can be best preserved by regular

cleaning with a damp soft cloth. Small particles of dirt

can act as an abrasive and damage the leather upholstery

and should be removed promptly with a damp cloth.

Stubborn soils can be removed easily with a soft cloth

and Mopar® Total Clean. Care should be taken to avoid

soaking your leather upholstery with any liquid. Please

do not use polishes, oils, cleaning fluids, solvents, deter-

gents, or ammonia-based cleaners to clean your leather

upholstery. Application of a leather conditioner is not

required to maintain the original condition."

But my Journey had been used as a demo car when I bought it and the lighter colored leather on the fronts seats in the car were quite dirty.

I bought Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner and I were quite amazed with the result.

I did try on a small spot first and didn't see any miss coloring or removal or color on the leather.

Although I did get quite alarmed when looking on the cleaning cloth wile cleaning. It looked like the the product had removed some color from the leather - but i realized it were just a combination of the color of the cleaning liquid and the dirt - that produced nearly the same color as the seat :-)

Anyway I can't visually see any difference between the cleaned front seats and the never cleaned back seats.

All the dirt in all the small groves in the leather are completely gone. I also had a small scuff mark that also isn't as visible any longer.

I can highly recommend it - in fact I have bought several of their products and I can say that I like them a lot.

From their rim cleaner and tyre shine to micro fiber cloths.

/Andreas

The manual says that we should use Mopar® Total Clean and that:

"Your leather upholstery can be best preserved by regular

cleaning with a damp soft cloth. Small particles of dirt

can act as an abrasive and damage the leather upholstery

and should be removed promptly with a damp cloth.

Stubborn soils can be removed easily with a soft cloth

and Mopar® Total Clean. Care should be taken to avoid

soaking your leather upholstery with any liquid. Please

do not use polishes, oils, cleaning fluids, solvents, deter-

gents, or ammonia-based cleaners to clean your leather

upholstery. Application of a leather conditioner is not

required to maintain the original condition."

But my Journey had been used as a demo car when I bought it and the lighter colored leather on the fronts seats in the car were quite dirty.

I bought Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner and I were quite amazed with the result.

I did try on a small spot first and didn't see any miss coloring or removal or color on the leather.

Although I did get quite alarmed when looking on the cleaning cloth wile cleaning. It looked like the the product had removed some color from the leather - but i realized it were just a combination of the color of the cleaning liquid and the dirt - that produced nearly the same color as the seat :-)

Anyway I can't visually see any difference between the cleaned front seats and the never cleaned back seats.

All the dirt in all the small groves in the leather are completely gone. I also had a small scuff mark that also isn't as visible any longer.

I can highly recommend it - in fact I have bought several of their products and I can say that I like them a lot.

From their rim cleaner and tyre shine to micro fiber cloths.

/Andreas

The quality of the leather from the factory is poor I 'am very happy I bought the car non leather seats and ask them to put leather on(they use the katzkin after market leather and way better than the factoey leather.

• 5 months later...