New front facia appearing at Canadian Chrysler dealers

cat man

My journey will have the New fascia, i think it really sets the 2011 apart from the rest of journeys

Hey there Mainmango;

There is an old saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch" :D

I sincerely hope you get the new fascia.

Terry

I'm confused now.

I was viewing a YouTube video for the 2011 Dodge Journey and noticed what I thought was the "NEW FACIA".

The video was uploaded on November 13, 2010

Which is which?

Ya, I had noticed that as well.... The grey center is the new fascia. I think they wanted to wait until the official release of the US model of the R/T at the Chicago Auto Show before they started adding them to the rest of the production.

I dont think it sets it apart from anything. Really makes it look like the Torrent. I think what sets it apart is the awesome new features and interior (and engine!). Having owned both a 2010 and a 2011, thats the winner for me. Spend more time looking from the inside out then the outside in.

Also, mine didn't come with it, but as you can tell, it bothers me not!! :)

Edited by zmttoxics

I dont think it sets it apart from anything. Really makes it look like the Torrent. I think what sets it apart is the awesome new features and interior (and engine!). Having owned both a 2010 and a 2011, thats the winner for me. Spend more time looking from the inside out then the outside in.

Also, mine didn't come with it, but as you can tell, it bothers me not!! :)

I have to agree with you. Although my Journey will probably show up with the new fascia - honestly its very similar to what other makes of crossovers are wearing - in fact, its pretty similar to the one hanging on my 2007 Chevy Equinox, as we speak. Other makes/models have similar renditions. To me, the refined drivetrain and the kick-ass interior is the hallmark of the '11 model.

Edited by Geer

My journey came with the original fascias/bumpers , and tho the new ones look good . I prefer the originals on mine. I tend to like the more subdued look to the sporty. I wonder whether or not they can be interchanged. I would perhaps take a look at replacing the rear bumper ,if the aerodynamic shape would lead to less drag and save fuel. But it would have to make a big difference.

Well after just a few days shy of 12 weeks my 2011 Journey R/T arrived and I picked it up yesterday. IT HAS THE NEW STYLE BUMPERS front and back. I am so happy it came with the news ones,they look great! Old ones are nice but change is good. Inside is beautiful...what a change from the 2008 Avenger interior I had, was a nice car...but so placsticy inside. Also so everyone knows, all mentioned issues with the Blue tooth, voice command, and KMS/MPH settings are all corrected in mine. EVERYTHING works perfectly. Ride is smooth and so quite. WEhen I say quite I mean it, I honked the horn and thought it was broken, until I loward the window....LOL. Will post pics soon.

Well after just a few days shy of 12 weeks my 2011 Journey R/T arrived and I picked it up yesterday. IT HAS THE NEW STYLE BUMPERS front and back. I am so happy it came with the news ones,they look great! Old ones are nice but change is good. Inside is beautiful...what a change from the 2008 Avenger interior I had, was a nice car...but so placsticy inside. Also so everyone knows, all mentioned issues with the Blue tooth, voice command, and KMS/MPH settings are all corrected in mine. EVERYTHING works perfectly. Ride is smooth and so quite. WEhen I say quite I mean it, I honked the horn and thought it was broken, until I loward the window....LOL. Will post pics soon.

Awesome, congrats! Let's see pics!!

Congrats!

Do you have the Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth option? Can you select different songs, artists, albums using the voice command?

Congrats!

Do you have the Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth option? Can you select different songs, artists, albums using the voice command?

Yes I have the Uconnect with Vice Command. It works perfect for changing the raido stations etc...and works great for the phone. i picks up every name EVERYTIME. I honestly have no problems with it. I wll try post pictures tomorrow. :)

You mention that it works for changing radio stations, etc. and the phone. That part has always worked for me too.

The problem I and many others are having is when you are playing music via SD Card or USB, commands like "Play the artist xyz", "Play the album xyz" or "Play the song xyz" always result in an error that the command was not recognized. Have you tried these commands?

You mention that it works for changing radio stations, etc. and the phone. That part has always worked for me too.

The problem I and many others are having is when you are playing music via SD Card or USB, commands like "Play the artist xyz", "Play the album xyz" or "Play the song xyz" always result in an error that the command was not recognized. Have you tried these commands?

Using the SD Card or USB, I have not tried. I will and let you know.