2011 R/T

Stretch

On a maiden run to New Paris IN: on the morning we were set to leave for home I noticed the parking lights were on (since I had the headlight switch set to auto. I knew that I hadn't left the lights on) and when I went to start the vehicle the driver info. screen was in German and it would not start. We determined that the battery was flat and a boost returned the screen to English and the car started normally. I thought perhaps since there were several severe rolling thunderstorms during the night that perhaps the security system had been activated and ran throughout the night running the battery down. The dealer thought it wasn't likely and a check of the electrical system showed everything was O.K!?

The dealer thought it wasn't likely and a check of the electrical system showed everything was O.K!?

As UPmedic mentioned, "I have never heard of this before." I think it goes without saying "Have it throughly checked out by your dealer" as there is something that is draining your battery.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

Excellent gas mileage!

I have a trip this summer that will be almost 3000kms in total. If I can get 9.4L/100km, that would mean I can get 800+ kms to a tank, which means I would only have to fill up once on the way down.

Excellent gas mileage! I have a trip this summer that will be almost 3000kms in total. If I can get 9.4L/100km, that would mean I can get 800+ kms to a tank, which means I would only have to fill up once on the way down.

I've said it before, gas mileage is not a strong suit of the Journey. You can click on the "My Fuelly" logo near the bottom of my post and see what I have gotten over 34 fuel ups. While I don't drive it hard, I don't baby it either.

I put nearly 5000 kilometers on my 2010 R/T on a trip last fall to northern Vancouver Island to go kayaking and I probably averaged 11l/ 100 kms. In all fairness I was doing 120 kms/hr. through the mountains and my car was new. It has 11000 kilometers on it now and I would suspect the mileage is better.

Don't go by what the onboard trip computer in the car says because it has always been much better than the actual mileage. Just my .02 worth.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

The 3.6 litre Pentastar is also a completely different engine than the 3.5 in the 2009/2010. It is possible that it is more fuel efficient. Time will tell.

I'll know how accurate the trip computer is when I take my trip this summer.

The 3.6 litre Pentastar is also a completely different engine than the 3.5 in the 2009/2010. It is possible that it is more fuel efficient. Time will tell. I'll know how accurate the trip computer is when I take my trip this summer.

I realize that the 3.6 is quite different from my 3.5 but I'm not sure if it will be that much more fuel efficient :lol: On the highway the onboard computer is much closer to actual mileage than around town. Why wait till summer? I encourage you to use the My Fuelly site now, then you can compare to other cars that are the same as yours. Not to mention it is very accurate, I used to use a very intricate Excel Spreadshheet to keep track of my gas mileage. I found the My Fuelly site does it all and is much easier.

Terry

A number of years ago I was given the following advice "use the accelerator like there is an egg under the pedal". Slow starts, anticipate stops and obey the limits! I learned that lesson with my '01 Sebring avg. 37 mpg on a trip up north when I followed all the speed limits. Will be interesting to see how it works out around town. I would rather have the "mass" of the Journey in a crash than worry about gas mileage. . .that's one reason I chose it over vehicles that were "lighter" and got better mileage.

Edited by Stretch

• 3 months later...

Update. . .since the steering wheel controls (the ones on the back of) were replaced I have not experienced any further problems with the 'flat battery syndrome'! I now have about 8000km on the vehicle. Hopefully they were causing the battery drain. . .