2010 Dodge Journey SXT

degerred

We recently purchased a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT used with 12,000 miles on it. It has all the bells and whistles: a sunroof, remote start, tri-zone automatic climate control, the RBZ touch screen radio with the Infinity Premium sound system, interior upper aim-able reading lights and lower LED ambient lighting, and HomeLink universal garage door opener. It also has a third row seat. So far, we LOVE it. The ride is nice and there is very little road and engine noise. The climate control works very well and knows when to switch on the air conditioning and defroster. The dash on both the passenger and drivers side is soft-touch, but the door panels are plastic. The radio is very easy to use and the audio system is good by my standards. The third row seat is small and only good for occasional use by small children. The only problem so far is the pulsating brakes, but there is a TSB out on that and we have not yet had the repairs completed. Will check back in soon.

Edited by degerred

• 3 months later...

I purchased a 2010 Journey SXT and think it's a nice car but I'm starting to get second thoughts about this car. First I`ve had to replace the rear bumper cover because it cracked during the winter. Then the power steering started to make noise during left turns. The rear brakes are squealing so now the rear pads and rotors need to be changed after 19000KM. Then my wife was late for work because I had to boost the car after the radio has killed the battery. Needless to say I`m not impressed!

• 2 weeks later...

The only issue we've had thus far was front brake pulsation, which was fixed under a TSB. We were aware of the supposed issues of this car before we bought it, but $18,500 for a 2010 with 12,000 miles and all the bells and whistles is hard to beat. It KBB's at $21,500, so we may turn around and trade it in for a Hyundai Sante Fe or Toyota Highlander. I would definitely avoid the 2009 Journeys though. A 2011 is probably your best bet, with the redesign and new Chrysler ownership and all.

Edited by degerred