20's anyone?

ratorres79

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Does anyone have 20's on their AWD? Any issues? What size tires? Pictures?

I was thinking about throwing a set of black Jeep Cherokee SRT8 replica wheels on my 2011 Journey. Looking for some advice

So, did you end up getting those replica wheels? If so, how are they? And where did you find Jeep Cherokee SRT8 replicas that would fit a Journey???

I have 20's on mine can standard with mine.

I believe this to be inaccurate, I certainly am not calling you a liar but the previous owner might have put 20" tires on the car. Unfortunately the largest tire you can get from Chrysler is the unique sized Kumho tire at 225/55/19. This tire is unique to this particular model of car. I have heard of several people going to a 20" 50 series tire as a replacement.

terry

Edited by Windancer

• 2 months later...

I agree with Windancer, I got 19"s on my 2011, only because they were the biggest they could come up with. Sorry I ever did that too, threw a tire in a contruction zone and it took me 4 days through a holiday weekend to get a replacement. Thinking about bumping out an inch if possible just so I can get rid of the forsaken Kumho size. Shame, it rides and handles nice but it's not readily available through local retail anywhere.

Lack of planning on Chrysler's part.

my 2 pieces o' copper

Thinking about bumping out an inch if possible just so I can get rid of the forsaken Kumho size.

As another option, Chrysler has said you can go to a 235/55/19 tire which seems to be much more readily available from different manufacturers. This would save you from getting 20" rims and only having to buy the tires.

Terry

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok guys after much web searching, calling around and emailing, I have found the

perfect wheel & tire combination for my Journey. I went with a fully chrome

FACTORY REPRODUCTION SRT8 (Jeep ) wheel mounted on 245/245 x 20

Yokohama Prada SpecX tires. The fit is perfect for this odd size wheel pattern we have,

and there is no suspension interference or rubbing . They dont stick out and look like they

were made for this car.

The ride is just as good even with the loss of side wall, it is still quiet and the steering is quicker

Tire and wheels were delivered within 48 hours , mounted , balanced, new lugs & locks with TPMS installed.

I have a black 2011 Mainstreet,

How do I post pictures ???????

Edited by price9714

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is my 2012 journey with 20s but its not AWD they fit okay just got to watch what size tyre you put on l have 245/45 but when l first put the wheels on l had 255/45 and the L/H front would hit the inner guard where the battery is, of course this does depend what off-set the rims are, these are made by KMC wheels and are made for the dodge journey

sorry about the crappy photo

y2mv.JPG

Uploaded with ImageShack.us