Any new videos on the 8.4N radios (Music) & lockpick

The music sounds great. Switching from satellite station-to-station is instant - no lag. Switching to media source is instant for that matter, too (USB and SD).

It pulls MP3 tag info and displays on the screen. Album art is displayed as well. Browsing songs is easy, and you can do a text search for songs as well.

I haven't tried putting pictures on my SD or USB key, but I do remember reading that it is supposed to work. I have not tried an external HD.

DVD will play movies - looks and sounds fine. Video disabled after you hit 5 or 10 mph or something like that. Back up camera is awesome - brilliant video quality (even in low light), and it overlays markings to help judge distance.

No information about a lockpick available for it (yet), but I am sure keeping my eyes out for one!

Pretty sure it doesn't support pictures. I think I tried it once. Also, I just did a search of the owner's manual and the Uconnect touch PDFs and there is not one occurrence of the word "picture" or "pictures" in the entire manual. Guessing this means it is not supported.

I'm loving the 8.4 system. As UPMedic says, everything is very quick responding and the back-up camera is awesome! I have the up-level sound system and it is good but not great. Was really expecting better bass. For comparison, my last vehicle was an 07 Caliber with the Musicgate sound system with 8 speakers + sub. That was, by far, the best sound system I have ever had in any vehicle. My wife's 08 Fusion has the Audiophile sound system and it doesn't even come close to being as good as the sound system I had in the Caliber. I am still happy overall with the up-level sound system but it could be a bit better.

Now if Chrysler would hurry up and fix the non-functioning voice control of music playback, I'd be one happy camper!

drb227, you're right - Pictures don't seem to work (I just put some simple jpegs on the root of my SD card and nothing shows up on the UConnect screen when browsing the card). I'm not sure if I read that once somewhere (thought I did), but oh well, not that big a deal to me anyway.

And I'm with you on the non-functioning of the music voice-control. I know we have had other threads about the voice control of the songs, but for our own future reference let me point out:

Integrated Gracenotes® database provides Music ID and Album Art as well as generates voice tags, allowing songs and artists to be selected using voice recognition commands

...which can be found at: the Dodge Journey UConnect page at Dodge.com

Have you talked to anyone at Dodge about this? I wonder who we contact so they can start fixing this...

For what it's worth, my audio system is supposed to be the "6 Infinity® Premium Speakers with Subwoofer and 368-Watt Amplifier". I agree with drb227 in that the bass doesn't thump terribly hard, but it hits deep and hard enough for me.

Edited by UPMedic

If the system is only using the Gracenotes DB for Music ID and Album Art, that won't work too well. Not knowing any details of how it works, the way it should work is, if it finds a match in the DB, then use that info, otherwise use the ID tags in the MP3/m4a files to display the album art and ID the music. New music is released frequently but the Gracenotes DB in our Journeys doesn't get updated accordingly. I know there were Gracenotes updates available in the past but have no idea if we'll be able to get the same updates for the Uconnect touch system.

Regardless, the voice control is clearly not working. Just wish I knew who we could contact to report this.

I'm guessing I'll have to start with my dealer as the logical first step. If enough of us report this as an issue to our dealers, something will eventually happen to get this fixed (if a fix is not already in the works).

I'm hoping there will be updates for the mp3 playback. I would like to be able to browse by artist, album, playlists on the screen, instead of just a long list of all filenames.

Also, not sure what is required to get the ID3 tag information to show up, as 99% of my MP3s dont display anything other than filename, even though they are tagged properly and have album art.