Hello From Panama - Planing to buy a NEW 2010 Journey

Turbo_Boss

Hello Guys,

I am from Panama Central America. There is a new Dodge dealer and they still has 2010 car in stock. To be honest, I dont remember seen these car on the street of my country. Its look like they have no sell very good here.

The model they have are the seven passanger, 4 cylinder 2.4 engine, 17 inch wheels, no leather interior.......

I just got interested in this car because I was in Orlando Fl a week ago and saw this car and looks nice.

What you 2010 owners think of this car? Are you happy with it? What about common problems?

I read that there are some recalls on the 2010 models. How do I know if these car has the problems corrected? What you recomend me to check? Is there a way, I can contac Dodge and give them the VIN number to see if these car are already fixed? I really dont want to buy a car that has factory problems and then waste my time taking it to fix it

Thanks for your tips and advices

Isaac

Edited by Turbo_Boss

I really enjoyed my 2010. You should push for a good discount now the 2011s are out though.

As already said, try hard to get the V6. The 4 cylinder is very disappointing, my neighbours want to trade theirs in.

Hello guys,

Thx for your reply. Well, they dont have the V6 and fuel is around 4 dollars a gallon in this Banana Country :shift:

I need to go there an drive it to see how is feel.................Then I will talk about the a good discount :rant:

THX,

Isaac

By all means, get the V6 if you can. The 4 cylinder only gets slightly better fuel mileage and the Journey is a somewhat heavy vehicle. According to the EPA (US) the 4 cylinder is rated 19/25 and the V6 (3.5L) 16/23. On our '09 we averaged 19-20 mpg and nearly 26 mpg hwy. Now have a '10 (the '09 had issues) and it's about the same so far.