Have the brake issues been resolved??

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey that I use for work. 68k miles now. I have had brake issues with the car since last April. Have had rotors replaced several times, brake pads, etc. I am now faced with ordering a 2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet or something different like a Jeep Patriot (too small) or the Grand Caravan (too big). Based on everything I can find Chrysler has not addressed the brake issues from the 2009 model to the 2011 model? Can anyone comment? I am really worried about dealing with the brake issues all over again with another Journey. I love the car, space, ride, etc. but the brakes are just a bear to deal with every few months. Thanks.

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey that I use for work. 68k miles now. I have had brake issues with the car since last April. Have had rotors replaced several times, brake pads, etc. I am now faced with ordering a 2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet or something different like a Jeep Patriot (too small) or the Grand Caravan (too big). Based on everything I can find Chrysler has not addressed the brake issues from the 2009 model to the 2011 model? Can anyone comment? I am really worried about dealing with the brake issues all over again with another Journey. I love the car, space, ride, etc. but the brakes are just a bear to deal with every few months. Thanks.

I have a 2010 Journey with 31,000 miles and am having brake rotor problems. They are going to need to be turned very soon. Started to pulsate @ 25K and are, naturally, getting worse. They ought to last longer than that!

I recently brought my '09 Journey in for an oil change, and the service tech said that for a $100 deductable, I could get new brake pads and rotors, from a new parts supplier that supposedly has better brake parts than that of their old supplier. I was not able to get those parts installed at that time, since the dealer didn't have the parts in stock. Probably have had a run on those new brakes since the old ones are garbage. Good luck on your repairs.

I recently brought my '09 Journey in for an oil change, and the service tech said that for a $100 deductable, I could get new brake pads and rotors, from a new parts supplier that supposedly has better brake parts than that of their old supplier. I was not able to get those parts installed at that time, since the dealer didn't have the parts in stock. Probably have had a run on those new brakes since the old ones are garbage. Good luck on your repairs.

GREAT NEWS READ BELOW!!!!

I just received a letter today from Dodge 3/11/2011. It states, "This letter is to inform you that the warranty period on your 2010 Dodge Journey Front Brake components, has been extended to 3 years or 36K miles, whichever occurs first. This extended warranty coverage applies to the front pads and rotors on your vehicle.....0 mi. to 12k mi. $0 deductable, 12k mi to 24k mi. $50 decuctable, 24k mi. to 36k mi. $100 deductable..."

"If you have already paid for the replacement for your front pads and rotors, you may be eligible to receive a reimbursement. " - you need to complete a form and submit it with your original receipts (make a copy for your self before sending the originals).

• 1 month later...

Black Pearl,

My name is Zach Kady, I am a law clerk at a Washington, DC class action firm representing Journey owners in a suit related to rapid brake wear and breach of contract. We filed suit nearly 9 months ago in Federal District Court in New Jersey. I would like to speak with you about this letter and warranty extension that you mentione here. Others have called us informing us of the extension, but we've yet to see the Dodge's letter. Please e-mail me at zach@berklawdc.com and CC my colleague David Martin (david@berklawdc.com) or call us at 202-232-7550 to discuss this matter. We would simply like a copy of the warranty extension letter either by fax or e-mail.

Thanks very much. Hopefully we can resolve this issue and help the numerous Journey owners who are not informed of this warranty extension.

-Zach

zach@berklawdc.com

GREAT NEWS READ BELOW!!!!

I just received a letter today from Dodge 3/11/2011. It states, "This letter is to inform you that the warranty period on your 2010 Dodge Journey Front Brake components, has been extended to 3 years or 36K miles, whichever occurs first. This extended warranty coverage applies to the front pads and rotors on your vehicle.....0 mi. to 12k mi. $0 deductable, 12k mi to 24k mi. $50 decuctable, 24k mi. to 36k mi. $100 deductable..."

"If you have already paid for the replacement for your front pads and rotors, you may be eligible to receive a reimbursement. " - you need to complete a form and submit it with your original receipts (make a copy for your self before sending the originals).

• 1 month later...