My 2011 RT came in on Friday, first impressions

cbiccum

Hi all,

Just thought I would send a quick update. Dealer got in a red and black RT so we took the black one on Friday. Here are my thoughts so far on the car after putting about 300km on it on the weekend. It's fully loaded.

Very comfy ride. Very quiet on the interior and the finishing is definitely MUCH nicer than the <2010 models.

A few things I'm very please with:

GPS is garmin so very easy to use

Rear backup camera works great and now has the guidance lines

Rear park assist is nice to have

Never driven with a self dimming mirror, very nice at night

lots of power

The colour EVIC in the console is very nice

At first I was disappointed they eliminated the hard drive based system, but they added a SD card slot on the front so I just bought a 16gb card to put my music on.

Audio streaming from my Iphone 4 seemed to work, have to play with it a bit more, didn't seem to be able to load up a playlist

The centre arm rest is much comfier for the passenger and driver.

What I'm not fond of that they changed/wasn't aware of

We were told it was fully loaded, but there is no DVD player in the back. The Uconnect description says DVD but this is on the main unit. Wasn't impressed.

There is no voice recognition for the GPS, I'm quite sure the 2010 had this feature.

Remote start didn't seem to have the distance I was hoping for but it's decent

Did a trip from Kelowna to Vernon yesterday on icy roads. Got about 11L /100km which I guess isn't too bad. This is average in going through the city of kelowna ect. The fuel efficiency info on the dash really helps change your driving manors.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems that most first impressions are positive!!!

I've just ordered a Black R/T but it won't be in for a while...

I didn't even see an option for rear dvd system on the dodge.ca website which is kind of strange..

Although, with all of the personal electronics that the kids have, a dvd is kind of like having an 8-track.. LOL

Happy Motoring

glad you really like the journey. and i checked on dodge.com and the backseat dvd is an option, but maybe in the later production journeys it is. anyways congrats on the vehicle. ;):shift:

Just to clarify....the dodge.com website shows that the backseat DVD is NOT an option. In 2010 it WAS, but not in 2011. <shrug> Go figure.

I found this disappointing as well, but then again my kids have their own portable DVD players and if they really need to see a movie that bad, they can use those. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify....the dodge.com website shows that the backseat DVD is NOT an option. In 2010 it WAS, but not in 2011. <shrug> Go figure.

I found this disappointing as well, but then again my kids have their own portable DVD players and if they really need to see a movie that bad, they can use those. ;)

The rear DVD option is late availability, dealer said Spring 2011.

Just to clarify....the dodge.com website shows that the backseat DVD is NOT an option. In 2010 it WAS, but not in 2011. <shrug>

I have a 2010 Journey R/T and it has a rear seat DVD. I can't imagine for the life of me why Dodge would not put this in 2011!

Terry