Center Console

romendo

Hi everybody,

I was looking at the Journey today and found some models with a silver center console and some with an all-black console. The salesman could not tell me when or how you get either of them. Does the black one only come with the R/T?

Also, I noticed that when you do not order the 3rd row but have automatic climate control there is a black piece of plastic between the AC control and the radio. On the black center console it does not look too bad but on the silver version it looks kind of cheap. For those of you who have that empty plack strip, do you know if you could replace it with something more functional? My wife was wondering if you could have a coin holder or something like that in it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi,

I looked at it this morning and I don't see a way to pop it out. I am sure if you took a slim enough screwdriver, you could do it, but not sure where the clips are that hold it in. However once out it probably is an open hole with the stereo and AC control units exposed. I do think they could have done a better job with filling the space.

gallery_26_3_5322.jpg

For those of you who have that empty plack strip, do you know if you could replace it with something more functional? My wife was wondering if you could have a coin holder or something like that in it.

I agree, after a little time with our SXT/AWD, I am not real crazy about the silver trim nor the obtrusive filler plate, then again if that is the only issue I ahve with in the interior......it must tell you something about how nicely the rest of it is laid out. After week 1 and 300 miles......the pleasure factor continues to raise......still happy with our choic ena dthe options chosen. Still don't have any regrets.