So I Took The Plunge

Swerv

Couldnt take it anymore... Now one of the clamps has fallen so the breaks are squeaking so bad. I had done some research and spoke with the family mechanic and asked about Ebay grade parts.

After much research i found out that these Magnum rotors are actually pretty good and that currently no one has had any issues after years of use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330513477981&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I bought them today and they will arrive next week. Will post pics of installation and keep you updated on performance and how they hold up.

Price was $250.00 for 4 rotors and 4 ceramic pads... cant beat that.

• 2 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

Here are the rotors and pads out of the box... The weird thing was that the pads were wrapped in plastic and in a small box. The manufacturers box's for the pads were folded and shipped with the rotors. I figured they maybe just had a small box and big box so they got lazy... I dont think they shipped me bunk pads and they sort of look like the ones on the website.

Anyhow i emailed them about it so i will see.

PADS:

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

ROTORS:

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

Page 406 of the 2009 owner's manual gives 95 ft lbs (130 N·m). To be safe double check your manual if you have a different model year.

I have my guy throwing on the new rotors and pads as we speak. Will post up some pics when the car is ready and give you a progress report!

Alright brakes and rotors are done! I feel a great deal of improvement in braking performance. No noise what so ever and my brake pedal feels so much smoother.

I will keep you guys informed of wear and if i have any other issues but so far so good.

When i looked at the old rotors and pads the mechanic said it appeared to be "Cheap Material" and said its the same stuff he pulls off all cars (stock parts) and showed me the wear pattern on the rotors.

So there you have it! After market rotors and pads by Magnum... All four for only $250 shipped to your door.

IMAG0042.jpg

• 3 weeks later...