Dodge built the new journey 2011 interior ? guess not !

Burn

by looking at the new 2011 Journey interior picture ... i knew that something was not right ... they can't make changes sooo fast ...

i have found the answer .. i think Chrysler/Dodge paid Suzuki and slightly modded the new Suzuki Kizaschi interior to fit in the journey .. they are almost the same !!

Be my guest and judge by yourself !!

Suzuki Kizaschi interior pictures :

http://www.google.co...iw=1142&bih=633

Dodge Journey 2011 interior picture :

http://www.google.co...l=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Edited by Burn

Burn is talking about the 2011 Journey. He is right, they are almost the same. Good eyes Burn. It was pretty odd to change a car style only after 2 years. Around 5 years is when the make a few small changes to save money. The 2011 Journey interior is totally different. it would have cost a lot of money to totally re-design the interior. it makes a lot of sense now that they may have paid another company to "borrow' thier design. The parts are already made. Make a few minor changes and install it.

Burn is talking about the 2011 Journey. He is right, they are almost the same. Good eyes Burn. It was pretty odd to change a car style only after 2 years. Around 5 years is when the make a few small changes to save money. The 2011 Journey interior is totally different. it would have cost a lot of money to totally re-design the interior. it makes a lot of sense now that they may have paid another company to "borrow' thier design. The parts are already made. Make a few minor changes and install it.

you bet , the new jeep Cherokee 2011 , Durango 2011, Journey 2011 and Suzuki kizachi exactly the same gauge cluster and minor changes to the rest of the intérior.

• 3 weeks later...

by looking at the new 2011 Journey interior picture ... i knew that something was not right ... they can't make changes sooo fast ...

i have found the answer .. i think Chrysler/Dodge paid Suzuki and slightly modded the new Suzuki Kizaschi interior to fit in the journey .. they are almost the same !!

Be my guest and judge by yourself !!

Suzuki Kizaschi interior pictures :

http://www.google.co...iw=1142&bih=633

Dodge Journey 2011 interior picture :

http://www.google.co...l=&oq=&gs_rfai=

More of a realistic complareison is the JEEP LARADEO ...............I understand the same design team worked on both vehicles [ Journey & the JEEP]........

• 4 months later...

The new interiors for the Chrysler vehicles are all a result of FIAT running the company. One of Chrysler's downfalls since Diamler and then Cerebus ownership was very cheap and hard plastic interiors compared to other companies. As it takes time to come up with new models for Chrylser/Dodge/Ram/Jeep and to import some of the FIAT models, Marchione (CEO of Fiat and Chrysler) ordered all the Chrysler models to be refreshed with new interiors until they can be replaced with new vehicles like the new Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chrysler Town and Country and Dodge Grand Caravan and the new 300/300C. Journey will be redesigned for the 2013 model year as well as new small cars coming in the next few years, some Chrysler design and some FIAT design.

Interestingly enough, Fiat is taking some of Chrysler Global. For 2012, Fiat will be selling the following Chryslers in Europe as:

Chrysler 300 will be the Lancia Thema (built in Ontario)

Chrysler 200 will be the Lancia Flavia (built in Michigan)

Chrysler Town and Country will be the Lancia Grand Voyager (built in Ontario)

Dodge Journey will be sold as the Fiat Freemont (built in Mexico)