Headlights on reminder chime

mikeymouse

I have left my headlights on the past 2 days. It hasn't been dark enough for the auto to turn them on, but it was snowing so I had to have them on. It hasn't been chiming to remind me that they were on before I got out. Lucky enough they only stay on for 15 min or so then shut off automatically. Any ideas?

I have left my headlights on the past 2 days. It hasn't been dark enough for the auto to turn them on, but it was snowing so I had to have them on. It hasn't been chiming to remind me that they were on before I got out. Lucky enough they only stay on for 15 min or so then shut off automatically. Any ideas?

Are you sure it's on and not auto? The auto lights don't chime, from what I can recall. If you have them ON, not AUTO, then it'll chime if you open the door.

chimes only when ON (no chime in AUTO mode)

if you leave the lights on AUTO mode and use the wipers, the headlights should come on (unless you disable the feature)

from th eowners manual

Headlights with Wipers (Available with Automatic Headlights Only)

When this feature is active, the headlights will turn on approximately 10 seconds after the wipers are turned on if the multifunction lever is placed in the AUTO position. In addition, the headlights will turn off when the wipers are turned off if they were turned on by this feature.

The Headlights with Wipers feature can be turned on or off through the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) (if equipped). Refer to “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)/Customer-Programmable Features” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.