Picked up My Journey 2 days ago

squaretop

Hi there, new to the Forum just got my Journey 2 days ago nice Silver with the appearance package so it has the nice rims on it, and 7 row seating !! :D

But I was just wondering if anyone else is haveing so many problems with there's ?

I have put 100km(62miles) on mine, and the ESP-BAS light has come on about 6 times, and stays on. And yesterday the 2nd day I had the vehicle, the check engine light came on, and it wasn't just the gas cap like i was hopeing, It just won't go off.

I also had a really bad whistling noise coming from the dash, I figured it out after the dealership couldn't. It was the A/C filter that is equipped on mine. Did not have the cover installed.... When I test drove the vehicle i found the plate that needs to be installed and asked what it was but nobody new. The stealer told me they installed it the day i picked it up. But the noise was still there, so I called and asked about the extra part. They told me it was still sitting on there desk? ?? "But you told me you installed it..." ??? so I picked it up and took the glovebox apart in the dealership parking lot, installed the cover, and the whistling noise when stopped and idling is gone, but another whistling noise when i have the fan at full speed is present, but found out that it was the air flow control valve in the upper dash, and does not look like much to install a new one. Also the cruise won't disengage when the brake is applied, which I thought was strange when i was on the highway and also hit someone.

I did not know that a rental or courtesy car is not supplied when the vehicle is in the shop, even if it's 2 days old....and even after the salesman promised me and my witness it was. It was delivered to me still dirty, I don't think they did a pre-delivery inspection because there too was no windshield washer fluid when I got the vehicle... Found that out when I was driving and had someone splash mud allover my car... not being able to see was not fun.

So just really wanted to vent my frustrations..... I drive alot because I live downtown and nothing is close to me.... I just wanted to ask if anyone else was haveing so many problems with there 2009 Journey ?

Also the cruise won't disengage when the brake is applied, which I thought was strange when i was on the highway and also hit someone.

Did you hit someone? or did you mean to say you almost hit someone. I read that and thought OMG!!!!!!!

Also check with your salesman and see if you can see the work order on your car to be sure it was PDI'd. If they don't help, ask to see the salesmanager, and if that doesn't work ask to see the store manager. I'll bet your car wasn't PDI'd like you said too many issues and it was very dirty. Remind them that you are part of an internet forum. and naming a business that won't help you will catch them eventually. Keep going to the top all the way to Chrysler LLC. Once you have done these things though it will leave a "sour taste in their mouth" so to speak and the dealership may not want to help you in the future,..... but are they helping you now anyways????????

Raise some cane, give 'em hell. it's your money that you used to buy the Journey.

just my 2 cents worth anyhow

Welcome to the forum, great place here

Rob

Did you hit someone? or did you mean to say you almost hit someone. I read that and thought OMG!!!!!!!

Yeah I ment to put I almost hit someone.. sorry :P

Just still upset because its' the weekend... and my new car is parked outside with the check engine light on it, and esp-bas, and traction...... don't want to drive it at all... because recently it also is making some strange noise when changing the setting from hot to cold.....

I was wondering if they would give me a new car, beause of all these problems... because obviously this things a lemon... I only put 100 km or 150km..

Yeah I'm going to talk to the salesmanager on monday, and see if I can get a new car, if he won't help I'm just gonna keep going up the food chain, because I thought I bought a new car so I wouldn't have problems....

I would also recommend keeping a detailed log on paper of everything that has happened, what day/time it happened, the weather, and the mileage. Also everytime you talt to the service department, or visit the service department, and who you spoke with.

I find this is the best way to get any satisfaction down the road when you talk to someone new, and they ask about the history. When you have a blank look on your face regarding troubles, or dates, it doesn't get very far. When you rhyme off all the dates and times for each symptom, and who you spoke with, and their response, it will go alot further and alot faster!!

Just my thought, as I have been there with Ford in the past.

I hope all the problems get resolved for you.

BTW do you know anyone eith an OBD2 reader for the computer? I bought one awhile back and it works on any vehicle 96 or newer, domestic or import. It simply gives you the trouble code, then at least lets you know if there is something serious or not. Well worth the 120 bucks!

Rick.

I would also recommend keeping a detailed log on paper of everything that has happened, what day/time it happened, the weather, and the mileage. Also everytime you talt to the service department, or visit the service department, and who you spoke with.

I find this is the best way to get any satisfaction down the road when you talk to someone new, and they ask about the history. When you have a blank look on your face regarding troubles, or dates, it doesn't get very far. When you rhyme off all the dates and times for each symptom, and who you spoke with, and their response, it will go alot further and alot faster!!

Just my thought, as I have been there with Ford in the past.

I hope all the problems get resolved for you.

BTW do you know anyone eith an OBD2 reader for the computer? I bought one awhile back and it works on any vehicle 96 or newer, domestic or import. It simply gives you the trouble code, then at least lets you know if there is something serious or not. Well worth the 120 bucks!

Rick.

Yes, keep an accurate "paper trail" of problems indicated and dealer response. be persistant and eventually, you will get them resolved. Frustrating on a new car, but it happens. Been OK with mine for first week, though the second rows seats don't allign perfectly flat with backs down, but I will probably be the only one to ever notice it. Please tell me , do your footwell lights stay on at night or have you found a way to turn them off while driving at night. thanks.

Square Top,

I'm not sure where you live since you didn't fill that information in on your profil but in Ontario we have a two week "cooling off period" and that vehicle would be coolin of in the dealers parking lot.

I read your problems this way if they are in fact true:

1. The vehicle was not PDI'd - The PDI is paid for by Chrysler (Over $600) in Ontario which includes installation of mats, hubcaps, etc, fluids topped up, cleaned inside and out and safety checked.

2. Until this is done the vehicle should not be picked up. Why was it?

3. If you noticed that the braking action did not turn of the cruise - that is a safety issue and the vehicle should have been returned to the dealer right away.

4. The standard warranty does not include a courtesy vehicle but I would demand my trade-in (If you had one) back until all problems were rectified with the new vehicle. Most dealers would provide one anyway!

5. If this is all true name the dealer and location so it doesn't happen to other people. I would!

Call roadside assistance which covered under warranty. Have it towed to dealer. Ask for a loaner if one is refused then rent one and give them the bill. Get a lawyor if necessary. Keep copies of all your paper work and lists of people you talked to (As others have said) and keep us informed.

Keith

That is an alarming story, and I think the advice from others is valid. I will have to say my experience was 180 degrees different. The selection and ordering portion of our purchase was a breeze. Friday evening when we picked the the SXT up was a cool gray rainy day, but they had the car in the service bay completely detailed. He went over the order sheet again with us to make sure everything matched our expectations. We spent a few minutes with the business manager on paperwork and then about an hour or so with the salesman going over all cars features and functions. In the salesmans description the car was delievered to them with 11 miles, they do the prep work and then an approximate 10 miles shakedown cruise to test everything. We picked the car up with 21 miles and have noticed absolutely no issues. I thought this was the best dealer experience we have had and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I do know there are follow up surveys from Chrysler and you will have any opportunity to let them know what happened, but certainly give the dealership the chance to make it right.

I will check into the lighted footwell issue, I don't remember seeing the lights on at night but won't swear to it one way or the other, I think I would have noticed it.