Replacement of steering wheel from different dodge

viktor.n.m

Hello everyone,

Can I replace steering wheel from Durango (or similar model Dodge) to Journey. I'm sure physically is possible but what about the controls for multimedia, are they gonna work, is the connector for airbag the same?

Screenshot_2024-01-07-18-51-29-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by viktor.n.m

Highly unlikely they will be plug and play. If part numbers were the same, you could chance it.  But with airbags and other critical stuff tied in to wire harness, maybe not a good idea to play with that. In most countries the insurance companies would void your policy coverage so fast…your head would be spinning. In an accident situation.

1 hour ago, John/Horace said:
1 hour ago, John/Horace said:

Highly unlikely they will be plug and play. If part numbers were the same, you could chance it.  But with airbags and other critical stuff tied in to wire harness, maybe not a good idea to play with that. In most countries the insurance companies would void your policy coverage so fast…your head would be spinning. In an accident situation.

Yeah, I agree with you. Mainly I ask here to see if someone did similar replacement. I think to take broken steering wheel for low price and just to see if all cables and buttons are compatible, just for fun, I'll never drive a car with similar change without professional to check functional on the component.