Video of the new 2011 Journey

silentdan

After seeing the video, I have mixed feelings. There are some things I like and some things i don't like....

I like the new driver information cluster

I like that the radio is higher up

I like the new engine

I miss the two tone seats and doors (unless it is just not shown on that model. However, I would think they are showing us the best it can get)

I don't like that you don't have the extra dashboard storage

The outside front and rear of it dosen't have the same sleek/smooth styling (in my opinion). The front has a GMC "Acadia" feel to it now that I don't like. The front end of the Journey (and almost every car) is made of plastic. To me, the 2011 LOOKS like it is made of plastic. The 2009/10 not so much.

Don't get me wrong, it is nice. I would still buy one. I just like the 09/10 better if I had the choice.

It looks like they took the Dodge Ram symbol off the front of the cross hairs. They are now referring to the Dodge trucks as Ram trucks and not Dodge Ram trucks, so I understand. I would guess that is why there is no more ram symbol on the Journey. I wonder if it is on the back door.

It looks like they took the Dodge Ram symbol off the front of the cross hairs. They are now referring to the Dodge trucks as Ram trucks and not Dodge Ram trucks, so I understand. I would guess that is why there is no more ram symbol on the Journey. I wonder if it is on the back door.

Doesn't look like it. Nor is it on the steering wheel. Unless this is a test model. Another thread had still photos. I'll check there.

Nope. It's gone:

http://www.media.chrysler.com/image-gallery.do;jsessionid=FC19D1989A6B2581A64C34C9FE00359D?&imageGalleryId=409&mid=254&method=view

• 1 month later...

After seeing the video, I have mixed feelings. There are some things I like and some things i don't like....

I am of the same opinion there are many things I see as an improvement but some things will be missed. I am sorry to see " The Chill Zone" being excluded. The dash and Radio/Heating Controls seem to be better. and easier to use. As was mentioned the dash is very nice and I am happier to see the radio a little higher.

One thing I noticed and especially like is the migration from Navteq to Garmin for the Nav System. IMHO and from personal experience this is a vast improvment. I have a Garmin Nuvi 255 that seems to have much better maps than the Journey's Navteq maps. I paid for the lifetime upgrades ($120) for my Garmin and I get updates 4x per year. I just bought a onetime Navteq upgrade ($200) for my vehicle and it's map is not as new as the Garmin. I live in a new area of my city, the Garmin map shows my streets while the Navteq map doesn't. I am quite familiar with GPS's, having 3 of them along with one for my many cameras.

As I said this is my opinion only, I would like to hear others as well as possibly hearing from Navteq.

Regards

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

I read online that the Journey express (new 2011 SE version) comes with a single cd player and not the 6 disk changer like on the 2009-2010. I wonder why they changed that? I felt dodge was spot on when they designed the radio system on the 2009-2010. The options and sound is excellent. With the 6 disk changer that can play mp3, I use a DVD disk and one DVD disk holds around 850 mp3s each. With that option on every trim level, I didn't need the harddrive option.

I feel removing the 6 disk player from the base model was a big step backwards(on the radio option).

I read online that the Journey express (new 2011 SE version) comes with a single cd player and not the 6 disk changer like on the 2009-2010. I wonder why they changed that? I felt dodge was spot on when they designed the radio system on the 2009-2010. The options and sound is excellent. With the 6 disk changer that can play mp3, I use a DVD disk and one DVD disk holds around 850 mp3s each. With that option on every trim level, I didn't need the harddrive option.

I feel removing the 6 disk player from the base model was a big step backwards(on the radio option).

yes .... but i guess the reason is : Yes we removed the 6 disk player but you get a USB port instead.

stick in a 8GB USB key or if you want to go crazy get a portable USB 2.5 Inches Hard drive ... you can get a 500 Gb for cheap... so after that who need a 6 disk player ??? :)

hard to see but the USB port is at the bottom of the center console near the cup holders.

Edited by Burn