Journey 2009, 2.4 engine, code P0622

Hi guys good day, I have a big problem with my journey 2009 with 2 4l engine. 

When I bought this vehicle last year in July, 1 week after I start to get problems with the electric system. 

I sent to workshop and they found some wires loosen and the positive from fuse box damage, they fixed and that's it. 

This year on April I have a problem with battery charger, my battery dead, workshop say "it's the battery", they control alternator and just change the battery. 

Last Saturday again the problem but I put a hand scanner and appears the code P0622, I can't find on vehicle the voltage regulator, because I sent the starter and alternator to workshop and are fine, and battery it's new!! 

I can't find the voltage regulator on my dodge and I can't have a battery sensor on the negative pole like the 2010 journey. 

Where's the battery regulator!! 

IMG-20231028-WA0053.jpeg

Thanks man, yes I see several vids on YouTube, but with journeys from 2011 to 2016,and some one with battery sensor on negative pole, mine not have! 

And some one offers to adapt a voltage regulator to add, but I'm not sure if you should configurate the ecm or just add. 

Thanks 

14 hours ago, jose laprovitera said:

Thanks man, yes I see several vids on YouTube, but with journeys from 2011 to 2016,and some one with battery sensor on negative pole, mine not have! 

And some one offers to adapt a voltage regulator to add, but I'm not sure if you should configurate the ecm or just add. 

Thanks 

In my understanding of the route YOU seem to want to take, that you are going off in a wrong direction.

You need to test power voltages at the 2 wire connector on the alternator and trace back to the PCM {engine computer} This charging system is the same thru many years, whether they do or do not have the battery saver terminal on the battery.

In rereading your posts, it seems that poor diagnosis's have been done and the old "parts cannon" ways have been used to no avail. One can not reverse the costs of past "blunders", so it is time to do things the right way.

GOOD LUCK to you and keep us informed how things go.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 9:36 AM, 5rebel9 said:

In my understanding of the route YOU seem to want to take, that you are going off in a wrong direction.

You need to test power voltages at the 2 wire connector on the alternator and trace back to the PCM {engine computer} This charging system is the same thru many years, whether they do or do not have the battery saver terminal on the battery.

In rereading your posts, it seems that poor diagnosis's have been done and the old "parts cannon" ways have been used to no avail. One can not reverse the costs of past "blunders", so it is time to do things the right way.

GOOD LUCK to you and keep us informed how things go.

Hi, i have my journey 2 weeks without battery power in my garage,because i found some leaks from oil and trans too.

because i work in my house just today i finish to repair the leaks and i turn on the engine,i put the starter revised and alternator too.

well code of P0622 disappear but  appears a new code the P1607 .

When i try to repair the leaks i was touching wirings and cleaning , i dismount the inlet manifold to put the starter and alternator, i clean it,i cleand the throttle,the air filter case,i wash all the engine,etc.

so, i start the engine and i see in battery poles 14 volts,so alternator its sending current,but the new code means theres something wrong with the PCM

P1607.jpg

well, as part of the check, I have disconnected and touched the connectors and the branch of cables that come out of the PCM, then I connected the negative battery and started the engine, at first I got that error described, after the test I run on the street, the codes have disappeared, I think that my problem must be in the wiring that comes out of the PCM connectors, since the work carried out has been merely cleaning, disassembly and assembly of the accessory belt, alternator, engine starter (the starter motor was without lubrication), due to leaking oil, total engine cleaning, engine crankcase, transmission crankcase, disassembly and assembly of the intake manifold, throttle valve, air filter housing, etc., i need to make more test touching wiring with multimeter on hand,but its not a failed pcm like a workshop said me!!

by the way i was thinking more in my issue,i bought this journey last year as a second hand, it seems that it has had a serious front accident and they have repaired it like a bandit.,some wirings are with a lot of tape some others things have to much sealant,etc

Many thanks for your help!!! 

I work advising clients of some brands of diesel engines, both in sales and technical service, I didn't think I would become one with my journey!!

pcm wiring.jpg

• 1 month later...