2019 Journey GT Black Screen on Back-Up Camera

Working on my 2019 Journey GT, when I shift to reverse the display switches to what should be the camera view, but it's just a black screen. I waited till dark and pointed a flashlight at the camera but still nothing coming through to the display. I get the "Check Surroundings" banner at the top of the screen but that's it. I have the factory 8.4" display and roughly 49k miles. I'm not the original owner but nothing appears to be altered or damaged. I checked the fuses under the pass. side dash and checked for broken/pinched wires around rear hatch. Anyone else have this issue or any idea where to start? Thanks in advance!

I'll save making an extra response to you....

Welcome to the forum group!    :welcome:

Seems strange to post that a '19 model year is getting "older" for a feature like back up camera system has failed, BUT the camera itself is almost 5 years old and been a known "weak link" in the system functioning. Many posts of failed camera's have shown up here. Rather than explain it all out here, try looking on the forum's search function for back up camera not working.    Good luck to you, none of my 3 DJ's have the camera system.

my 2014  had a time going Thru upside down camera angles and inop frequencies at different times and then finally it went black so into the dealership since I had extended warranty on it and they replaced the camera lens and that what was the problem, many videos on you tube about replacing it as well, one other possible problem area is the wires going Thur the hatch back at the upper left side in the rubber boot which the camera wires have to go Thur,could be a broken wire or shorted out wire as well.........good luck and please report back on what you find to be the problem for others to learn from