Changed VC, problem still there - HELP!

Dublin1

I have a 2015 Fiat Freemont (Dodge Journey in EU). Started to get the problem with "clonking" sound from the transmission especially in sharp turns in the end of the spring. Once in the beginning of the summer, after driving 2 hours on highway the whole car smelled oil. We could drive to a repair shop where the car was examined and the oil had leaked from the VC. We check the oil status both in the VC and the rear diff. The oil in the rear diff looked ok but the oil in the VC was black. Just for testing we filled up the oil in the VC, but after driving for an hour the same thing happens again - the oil is pushed out.

So we decided to change the VC, got hold of an used one that should have been checked and ok (checked by the company who sold it, not be me unfortunately). The VC was changed.

I picked up the car and went driving, after 2 (TWO!!) hours on highway the same thing happens AGAIN... The whole car smells oil. I stopped and tried to do some checks, not much to do next to a higway but it seemed to come from the VC. Disappointed I turned back home, but after 10 minutes I lost the transmission completely. Got some scratching noises from underneath and the car speed went down to bearly walking speed and in the end I had to get towed back to the repair shop. Where the car still sits. It has been confirmed that the oil was pushed out from the new VC. The car has been tested without connecting the rear wheels still with some hick-ups in sharp turns.

So some questions for you experienced people:

- What is making the oil to get pushed out of the VC?

- By reading this forum I found the the rear diff often fails - but could a rear diff make the VC malfunction as described (assuming that the VC was ok)?

- Is there any other thing that could make the VC malfunction?

- I have also seen that there are a lot of issues with the gearbox of these cars, is the any scenario in which the gearbox could be the cause of my issue?

- Any suggestion of next step in faulttracing?

My car is a AWD, automatic, diesel, 2015.

(Sorry if the language is hard to understand, I'm not native english speaker)

Just to clarify, as I think I have misunderstood the construction of the transfer train, what has been changed on my car is what some people call the front PTU (or sometimes front diff), the part that sits before the center drive shaft. I mixed up with the VC that sits right after the center drive shaft.

However - the problem is still there and I would be happy for any input into how to get this solved!

A difficult problem to say with assurance exactly what part is causing the problem as both the REAR DIFFERENTIAL and VISCOUS COUPLER work together. BUT i would place more emphasis at the REAR DIFFERENTIAL for the knocking and potentially "locking" up.

Good luck to you.