2.4l 4 speed vs 6 speed

jrnsr

I picked up a nice looking 2013 Journey at impound auction but it has a rod knock.  There's a 2014 nearby at Coparts I'd like to pick up for a replacement engine but they say "VIN missing/altered."  I see replacement engines listed with 4 speed and 6 speed as if there's a difference between the engines.  Is there some difference that prevents interchanging long blocks?

This is my first posting (above) on this forum and wound up posting it before finishing it.  I don't see "edit."    I wanted to ask if  the 6 speeds are turbo and 4 speeds normally aspirated?  Are there normally aspirated 6 speeds?  Haven't figured out which VIN digits tell trans.  Then again, the donor car I'm looking at has a VIN problem anyway.  It looks like both the 2.4 engines with 4 & 6 speeds have the "B" designation but it would seem they are not identical.

3 hours ago, jrnsr said:

I picked up a nice looking 2013 Journey at impound auction but it has a rod knock.  There's a 2014 nearby at Coparts I'd like to pick up for a replacement engine but they say "VIN missing/altered."  I see replacement engines listed with 4 speed and 6 speed as if there's a difference between the engines.  Is there some difference that prevents interchanging long blocks?

the 4 spds ONLY go into the journeys with the 2.4 engine and the 6 spds only go into the ones with the 3.6 engine

• 3 months later...

Did you ever find the diffrence in the engines with the 4 speeds vs engines that come out of one with a 6 speed ? Also I've seen entirely to many 2.4s listed with 6 speeds transmission for the one fellow to possibly be right about the 6 speed only coming in 3.6. Trying to see if I can use the 2.4 out of vehicles equipped with a 6 speed in this journey with the 2.4 , 4 speed combo.