Front tires locking when taking turns

KayKay

Hey everyone. 
 I’ve been reading through this forum and decided to join to ask about my 2012 Dodge Journey Crew. A little over a month ago I took it on the interstate (where I can drive up to 80mph) everything seemed fine and I had no problems before this trip which was about 2 hrs away. Once I got to the town I hit a bump in the road and my check engine light came on which I thought was odd but didn’t worry me because it comes on for small things. Anyways I ended up missing my turn and had to turn around and when I turned it felt like my front tire was locking up (like it would if you turn too sharply while in 4WD). When I later had it looked at it turned out to be the passenger side rear tire. I needed my struts/shocks done so I replaced those and the problem stopped for about two weeks (this also shut the check engine light off). There has been a loud bang from time to time when turning since but not tension or locking of the tires until last week now my front passenger side tire is locking up when I turn and there seems to be a lot of tension when I turn either way in general. Does anyone have any idea what this could be or where I should start? Note: my CV joints look fine and my check engine lights has not come on.