tire diameter consern

FleshWound

from the canadian Dodge website, it states the 3 different tire sizes. 255/70/16 >>>255/65/17>>>225/55/19

my question conserns the 4.4% diameter difference between the 19" and either the 17"or 16" as these both have the exact dimensions

do you recon that the speedo is calibrated accordingly? seeing as the 19" wheels are an option with the SXT trim

What's your take on this????

post-2497-081624300 1289099068_thumb.jpg

If you are too concern about the Speedo accruacy, you can go to the dealer and have them reprogram the tire size. These are Customer preference option, they usually do it for free on the first 3 months you bought ur car.

The 19" tires are freaking expensive and only manufacturer that make that size is Kumho and Hankook. and they only last like 40km. You do not want those on your car unless u are willing to deal with it.

255/50-19 >>>>41 choices $172 and up

245/55-19>>>>>>4 choices $177 to $186

255/55-19>>>>>>13 choices $171 to $254 ***** exact size as the 16" and 17"

found these on Tire Rack's website. a bit expensive but at least there is a variety of brands. Some of which should outperform the OEM 19 inchers

Why Chrysler used a different size, other than an exact match is still beyond me.

I have no idea, but my guess would be because they use a different transmission on the R/T model. So instead of messing with a new gear ratio, they decided to get a weird sized tire instead.

There are a lot of tires outperforms the OEM tires from chrysler, i never liked the Kumho brand line up, they don't last too long,

They used 19" Michelin tires on the Chrysler Pacifica. probably the best brand in the world. But the price is like $260+ each.