Im getting the SXT

azt1an

Im so confused, I was originally gonna get the SE 2.4L but the dealer guy said that its too small of an engine for this crossover. I said ok then ill get the 3.5L but as soon as I saw the 16/23 mpg im not so sure.

Reason why im getting it:

Its a 2009 so i can brag i own a new car for two years,

I actually think the desing is better than the RAV4 and the CRV.

Why is the mpg so low, i mean i really love this car and it would have been perfect if it was more like 18/25.

Of course im getting the 5 + 2 seatings, of course you have to add another 1k to the price tag.

im getting the bright silver metallic, and as of right now there is no dealer withing 50 mile radius that has it.

I need help? What color is this pic

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/uploads/1...ery_2_85304.jpg

I thought it was bright silver metallic, but no sure. I want that color.

I really like this color but dont know if its silver steel or Bri bright silver metallic

journey_photogal_ext02.jpg

[uPDATE]

I finally got it, deep blue. More photos to follow.

DeepBlue.jpg

First, dealerships are NOT your friend. Sales people are NOT your friends either. Their jobs are to get you into higher prices vehicles. I bet if there was an 5.7L Hemi available, the 3.5L would be toooooo small of an engine as well.

Drive the 2.5L Journey and see if it is adequate for you. If it has plenty of passing and merging power for you, get it. Don't let some sales person who isn't going to be making the payment sway you.

I've been looking for a color chart as well on the web and cannot find one :(

First, dealerships are NOT your friend. Sales people are NOT your friends either. Their jobs are to get you into higher prices vehicles. I bet if there was an 5.7L Hemi available, the 3.5L would be toooooo small of an engine as well.

Drive the 2.5L Journey and see if it is adequate for you. If it has plenty of passing and merging power for you, get it. Don't let some sales person who isn't going to be making the payment sway you.

I've been looking for a color chart as well on the web and cannot find one :(

I would have to agree with the dealer on that one. The 4 cylinder is pretty sluggish for the Journey, which is a heavy car...but if you dont mind it being sluggish on hills or if you live in a flat area - then you might like it.

• 2 weeks later...
Im so confused, I was originally gonna get the SE 2.4L but the dealer guy said that its too small of an engine for this crossover. I said ok then ill get the 3.5L but as soon as I saw the 16/23 mpg im not so sure.

Why is the mpg so low, i mean i really love this car and it would have been perfect if it was more like 18/25.

Of course im getting the 5 + 2 seatings, of course you have to add another 1k to the price tag.

im getting the bright silver metallic, and as of right now there is no dealer withing 50 mile radius that has it.

I really like this color but dont know if its silver steel or Bri bright silver metallic

I ordered a Journey three weeks ago. I test drove the four. It didn't have any problem keeping up with interstate traffic, but It was a struggle to get up to speed on the on ramp. I told the dealer that I wanted to drive a 3.5 V6 before I signed, and he set me up with a test drive on the Avenger AWD V6. I know it's not quite comparing apples to apples, but the power difference was so marked that I orderd the AWD SXT Journey. For me, the four was just not enough. It wasn't as terrible as some reviews seem to indicate. It just wasn't enough for me to feel happy with. Currently driving an H2, looking at 15 to 22 mpg looks pretty darned good to me.

I've not seen any color charts that I believe. Most of what I've gone by is looking up reviews. The Dodge site is not helpful. I have had red cars for almost 20 years, and I wanted to switch to blue, so I was interested in the deep water blue pearl coat. The Dodge site shows a color that is almost aquamarine rather than blue. I did find a great review from a guy who got to test drive a deep water blue AWD SXT. The photos he included show a nice, dark blue which is what I was wanting.

Anyway, I found a color chart on Edmunds though I'm not sure I would believe it. Here is the link:

Edmund's version of a color chart

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I have the SE with the 4 cylinder and loaded up with three grand kids and their accessories, the car performs extremely well. I find no lack of power or speed on the highway or back roads. If you have the chance to drive one before you buy it, you may be impressed with the 4. I have also found the mileage to be about three miles better than advertised each time I check at fill ups.

that solves that then...if you're wanting the "flexible seating" (5+2), it's not available on the SE/4cyl - you'll have to step up to at least the SXT.

also, a couple of days ago i added some pics, one of which is the exterior of our silver SXT...go take a look at it, that may answer your color questions. the silver is a really great color...but, to each his own!

Steve

that solves that then...if you're wanting the "flexible seating" (5+2), it's not available on the SE/4cyl - you'll have to step up to at least the SXT.

also, a couple of days ago i added some pics, one of which is the exterior of our silver SXT...go take a look at it, that may answer your color questions. the silver is a really great color...but, to each his own!

Steve

I don't think this statement is true....you can get the 5+2 seating in the SE/4 cylinder.

• 6 months later...
I ordered a Journey three weeks ago. I test drove the four. It didn't have any problem keeping up with interstate traffic, but It was a struggle to get up to speed on the on ramp. I told the dealer that I wanted to drive a 3.5 V6 before I signed, and he set me up with a test drive on the Avenger AWD V6. I know it's not quite comparing apples to apples, but the power difference was so marked that I orderd the AWD SXT Journey. For me, the four was just not enough. It wasn't as terrible as some reviews seem to indicate. It just wasn't enough for me to feel happy with. Currently driving an H2, looking at 15 to 22 mpg looks pretty darned good to me.

First to Jack - Yes dealers are NOT your friendly you have decide by your feelings, by testing, what you think you need and at the end what you want or be able to pay for it.

I agree with JOURNEYMAN - the 4 cylinder is a fine engine which consumes less fuel. AND - HEY WE DRIVING A CROSSOVER/VAN - NOT A SPORTS CAR. And for this the 4 cylinder is quite enough.

But I have to make one exception - you all are talking about 3.5 V6 vs 2.4 L4 with automatic transmission. I´m from south Germany and I have to climb often some hills (no mountains) and here we have only the 2.4 MT (5-speed manual transmission). And this manual gear box makes really fun. Also we have a Diesel Version with Volkswagen 2.0 CRD with 6-speed manual or a double-clutch 6-speed automatic (DSG) which gives the best economy to high mileage drivers. But for me with low kilometers per year the gasoline is the best option.

But at the end you have to test, test, test and decide on yourself.

But be aware that fuel prices will increase in future more and more - so more economic 4 cylinder engines will find the the way to the US and Canadian markets.

Greets from good old Germany and my black Journey 2.4 SE MT