Brake Light on!!!

FFG

Does anyone know how to reset the brake light on a Dodge Journey RT FWD 2010? Had my brakes fixed as they wore out at only 28K, had to get it done on a trip to Montana as the rotors were gouged beyond belief!!! So anyhow, brake guy could not reset the light indicator as he had no idea how to do it, said I had to go to dodge dealership to get it reset.

Does anyone know how to reset the brake light on a Dodge Journey RT FWD 2010? Had my brakes fixed as they wore out at only 28K, had to get it done on a trip to Montana as the rotors were gouged beyond belief!!! So anyhow, brake guy could not reset the light indicator as he had no idea how to do it, said I had to go to dodge dealership to get it reset.

I changed my own breaks on my journey and there was nothing to reset. Is it all the lights or just the 3rd break light? i'm sure it is a simple fix, but it is something the dealer will have to fix.

You could take a look under your dash near the break padel and see if something is sticking.

• 2 weeks later...

the break light on the dashboard is the one i'm talking about. The breaks work fine actually better than befor but the light on the dashbord wont go off. was wondering if there was a quick fix like there is for the oil change warning (door open, key in egnition press on breaks three times...and so on)

See if the parking brake is pulled.

Other than that, i think it would most likely be your brake fluid switch. the sensor in the brake fluid bottle. Seen that few times in my shop. Replace the switch, clear the code.

It is best to have the code read by dealership first.

Do you still have waranty? just bring it in.

• 3 weeks later...

Well today I called Chrysler Canada to complain about the odd tire size and the issue of availability. I couldn't believe it. The person acknowledged the issue, but said it's best to talk to my local dealer. My local dealer? I told them I just got off the phone with my dealer and the guy at the parts department also didn't know what Chrysler was thinking. They are having problems finding the tire and are having issues with angry customers. I told them Chrysler is the one who selected the tire specifications for the vehicle, not the dealer. I asked why I was being referred to the dealer and pass the issue. I was rather annoyed at their response versus trying to resolve the issue. I told them to pass this on to their management and let them know this is the first and only Chrysler I will be owning.

I think you guys should be calling them up so they can build enough database of customer complaints about the issue.

Well today I called Chrysler Canada to complain about the odd tire size and the issue of availability. I couldn't believe it. The person acknowledged the issue, but said it's best to talk to my local dealer. My local dealer? I told them I just got off the phone with my dealer and the guy at the parts department also didn't know what Chrysler was thinking. They are having problems finding the tire and are having issues with angry customers. I told them Chrysler is the one who selected the tire specifications for the vehicle, not the dealer. I asked why I was being referred to the dealer and pass the issue. I was rather annoyed at their response versus trying to resolve the issue. I told them to pass this on to their management and let them know this is the first and only Chrysler I will be owning.

I think you guys should be calling them up so they can build enough database of customer complaints about the issue.

Yeah, this tire issue sux. If a Customer is looking for new set of tires, we may sell them different size tire and reprogram the computer.

But sometimes when 1 tire blows up and a customer needs an exact match, we Had to take a tire off a brand new car and wait like 3 days to 1 week for the ordered tire.

Journey tires, Tire pressure sensor, and Key fob has always been on back order status for us.

Believe me, they know about this issue, they just don't have the resources and supplier to fix it.