Front tire pointing outward

kmac171

I recently noticed some wear on the front tires of my Journey so I rotated them. After doing so, I noticed that the passenger front wheel appeared to be pointing outward. I took it to Firestone and had them do a 4 wheel alignment. I failed to check it before I left, so when I got home and checked it it still appeared to be pointing outward so I brought it back, They were more than happy to do it again, but when they finished it still appeared to be pointing outward. They told me they not only did the alignment again, but they check everything underneath and that it all was tight and in good shape. I don't want to waste my time at a dealer so I thought I'd come here first for ideas. So does anyone have anything they can share? Oh and I DIDN'T hit any curbs or major potholes so having anything bent or damaged from that is N/A. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

What do you mean pointing outwards? If your looking at the car from the front-to-back, the wheels will look like they are pointing in the opposite directions. Its an illusion caused by the front fascia(bumper) rounding towards the front so you see more tire. If it drives straight down a smooth road then you have nothing to worry about. By the way, alignments are covered for the first year.