Please need feedback

JC_Journey

For those that have a 2009 journey with more than 16K miles (do not know how many Km). How do you like your Journey now?

I purchased a 2009 in June of 2008, at 12489 miles I needed new brakes (most of those miles were highway and NOT during rush hours). I took it in and i was told they would not be covered because I was over the 12K miles, $790US. At 24K the back brakes also needed to be replaced. I have 45K miles now.

From day one the front passenger door window clacks 4-5 times as it is being rolled up, took the J' in to have issue corrected, work order showed window rail greased. Stills clacks.

The "fabric protector" does not like water. Water creates a stain that must be SCRUBBED off, wtH.

Battery had to be replaced at18K miles.

The factory alarm sometimes triggers while trying to turn it off to gain access.

Key Fob, no longer unlocks driver side door.

Tail stop lights had to be replaced. I guess I am not supposed to use the brakes to stop the J'

The plastic moldings around the front seats are coming loose and they do not snap back in.

The paint on the side rear view mirrors is peeling off. I guess I must drive too fast.

The A/C stops working when ever it feels like it. I guess it needs time off to cool down.

These are some of the issues I am having to deal with, on a vehicle that should be considered new.

I would like to know if I just got a lemon or are these cars built like other US cars.

Then the US wonders why the Asian vehicle market sells better. I was trying to help the US auto industry, but it let me down again.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

For those that have a 2009 journey with more than 16K miles (do not know how many Km). How do you like your Journey now?

I purchased a 2009 in June of 2008, at 12489 miles I needed new brakes (most of those miles were highway and NOT during rush hours). I took it in and i was told they would not be covered because I was over the 12K miles, $790US. At 24K the back brakes also needed to be replaced. I have 45K miles now.

From day one the front passenger door window clacks 4-5 times as it is being rolled up, took the J' in to have issue corrected, work order showed window rail greased. Stills clacks.

The "fabric protector" does not like water. Water creates a stain that must be SCRUBBED off, wtH.

Battery had to be replaced at18K miles.

The factory alarm sometimes triggers while trying to turn it off to gain access.

Key Fob, no longer unlocks driver side door.

Tail stop lights had to be replaced. I guess I am not supposed to use the brakes to stop the J'

The plastic moldings around the front seats are coming loose and they do not snap back in.

The paint on the side rear view mirrors is peeling off. I guess I must drive too fast.

The A/C stops working when ever it feels like it. I guess it needs time off to cool down.

These are some of the issues I am having to deal with, on a vehicle that should be considered new.

I would like to know if I just got a lemon or are these cars built like other US cars.

Then the US wonders why the Asian vehicle market sells better. I was trying to help the US auto industry, but it let me down again.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

WOW

I've had my 2009 since July 2008. I did replace the front brakes at about 13,000 (way too early if you ask me, but they were less then 10 % left) but did it myself, used ceramics, and haven't had a problem since. Did not change the rotors, just the front pads. Rear brakes still fine (27,000 miles now). Live in Chicago with all (well almost all) stop and go, even on the expressway! Did take a nice road trip this summer to the tune of 1,500 miles without a problem. Haven't been to the dealer except for a broken radio antenna and a couple oil changes, then started at a local place for that. I have a black R/T and use it all the time. Must be lucky. Love the thing and haven't had a major problem yet!

Its a strange thing but UK Dodges all come with a 3yr , 60.000 mile warranty , brakes & Clutches 2 yrs. I reckon that with a little dealer discretion all these things would have been fixed in UK. My Avenger brakes wore out at 11,000 miles & 18 months , dealer replaced discs ( rotors) & pads all under warranty & no charge to me!!