New to the forum

RamalamaJourney

We bought our Journey on April 24 and love it. We got a red SXT with Convenience Group 1, Premium Convenience Group, Flexible Seating Group, Safe and Sound, Chrome Appearance Package, Sunroof, and Infinity Speakers/Amp. I have never had a vehicle this loaded. It is as quiet as any vehicle I have ever ridden in or driven and is extremely comfortable. The MYGig is too cool for words. All this for $28,100 out the door. Not too shabby.

We bought our Journey on April 24 and love it. We got a red SXT with Convenience Group 1, Premium Convenience Group, Flexible Seating Group, Safe and Sound, Chrome Appearance Package, Sunroof, and Infinity Speakers/Amp. I have never had a vehicle this loaded. It is as quiet as any vehicle I have ever ridden in or driven and is extremely comfortable. The MYGig is too cool for words. All this for $28,100 out the door. Not too shabby.

Awesome, glad to hear you love it, I pick mine up on Monday. Same vehicle except its black and I didnt go with the upgraded audio system as I have aftermarket equipment to go in.

I cant wait!!!

Awesome, glad to hear you love it, I pick mine up on Monday. Same vehicle except its black and I didnt go with the upgraded audio system as I have aftermarket equipment to go in.

I cant wait!!!

I aqctually had no intention of purchasing it either. Nor the sunroof or Chrome Appearance Package. Only car in a 500 mile radius that had the others in combo.

Welcome to the forum. I've got a red SXT ordered with every option except the Chrome package. You're making me sooooooo jealous.

Has anyone had a chance to take a close look at the Chromed wheels? I ordered my Journey with the chrome package but its probably the most frivilous thing on my loaded order. They feel like plastic and its confirmed, see below... whats under the plastic cap and how resiliant are these 'covers'? 600 over the alum exterior appearance package. For that price they should of thrown in chrome door handles.

Feature: Chrome-clad wheels

Form-fitting plastic wheel covers that have been chromed. The plastic 'cap' contours perfectly to the wheel design and gives the wheel the appearance that the actual steel or alloy has been chromed.

Has anyone had a chance to take a close look at the Chromed wheels? I ordered my Journey with the chrome package but its probably the most frivilous thing on my loaded order. They feel like plastic and its confirmed, see below... whats under the plastic cap and how resiliant are these 'covers'? 600 over the alum exterior appearance package. For that price they should of thrown in chrome door handles.

Feature: Chrome-clad wheels

Form-fitting plastic wheel covers that have been chromed. The plastic 'cap' contours perfectly to the wheel design and gives the wheel the appearance that the actual steel or alloy has been chromed.

That is very true and I would not have bought that package had I had the choice. I was ticked that it didn't come with chrome handles. You can get the chrome handles from the R/T, but it will be about $300. I'm waiting for a vendor to come out with chrome handle overlays.

Regarding the chrome wheels, I looked at the site again, and they say that the 19" wheels can either be aluminum, or chrome clad aluminum. I didn't see anything about plastic???

The closest I saw was the 17" painted wheel covers.

Rick.

the Chrome Clad 19"Wheels are plastic covers over the aluminum, the wheels are the 19". Basically it is an aluminum wheel with a plastic cover. Give them a tap and you will see. Kinda cheap but they look great anyhow. I didn't want the aluminum wheel cause sometime down the road when some tireguy balances the wheels and puts a wheel weight on the outside of the wheel, there goes the finish. whether the wheel is clear coated or bare aluminum, they have to be well maintained.

Just my 2 cents anyhow

Rob