Just bought a Dodge Journey here in Dallas, TX!!!

adforeman

Ok, so what I have been told is that I am the first owner of a Dodge Journey and I love it. I bought the Journey SXT on Valentines Night as a present to my wife and she loves it. It's got a good take off and rides smooth as glass. You can't beat the price either, less than 25k for a 2009 model vehicle. Although remember you get what you pay for, so don't expect the luxury and features of a Cadillac. I would highly recommend this vehicle for anyone wanting to get out of the minivan or first time buyers.

I cant wait for mine, what color did you get yours? did you get the 5 + 2 seating? Would love to see a pic with all 7 people loaded. As soon as i get mine ill be posting lots of pics lol. Its going to be my first and probably my last new car ever, it took forever for me to save.

Hey Everybody, I am stationed overseas here in Italy. I just ordered a Journey, the dealer said Im the first in europe to get it. However, I dont recieve it until May, thats right May. I have to wait until they ship it over here. Anywayz I am wondering if anyone can tell me how good the drive is. How it handles. Pretty much all the Pros and cons. I got the SE model with the back-up camera and the convience group. Any input would be great thanks....................Airpower1978

What? I thought the Journey didn't come out until the summer of 2008!?! How many were at your dealership? I was just at my Dodge dealership and they said that they would not be getting the Journey in any time soon?

New ones are popping up here in Southern Ontario & upstate NY

Took an SXT out yesterday very nice ride but a few things I dont care for like the lousy tilt-telescopic wheel function that is useless compared to my 2000 T&C

Also the Ignition "KEY" that is not a key but some sort of "Stick" that will cost a fortune to replace when it screws up also its not something you can put in your pocket like a normal key-strange very strange

I think I'm going to order a R/T version not AWD

I test drove an SXT on Saturday - I LOVED IT! It handles very well and has a lot of pep to it. The turning ratio is very very tight. I am a current Caliber SXT 5SPD owner - which I am planning on trading in...Journeys are popping up in Long Island now...and in NJ.

I am interested in the Deep Water Blue color - but I have no idea what it looks like in person - on different places on the website - the color appears different - anyone know what kind of blue this is?

• 4 weeks later...
What? I thought the Journey didn't come out until the summer of 2008!?! How many were at your dealership? I was just at my Dodge dealership and they said that they would not be getting the Journey in any time soon?

I have seen two on the road here in Ontario - Fonthill, and Whitby. Looked great - very distinctive. I have ordered one, and was told it probably won't be at the dealership till May.

My SXT AWD Journey is a pleasure to drive. Its got plenty of "on-ramp" and passing power when needed. And it drives very smoothly and quietly. The 19" wheels that come with the AWD versions stand out.

Right now I live in a new subdivision that has a lot of young families (like my wife and I). Today I had a few neighbors I haven't even met yet impressed with the Journey. They loved the 3rd row seat for emergency situations (extra kid at carpool etc.)

More to follow.

John

I bought an R/T AWD last saturday, got 4k off, i was shocked they negotiated at all, but it was the last day of the month (weekend selling day anyway) and last big shopping day of the 1st quarter, that may have played into it, anyway, i was impressed they dropped the price so much. also, i was able to get the R/T with every option you can get, at least every option i am aware of. i can't believe what you get for your money in this vehicle, very impressive. options that i expected to pay 40k or more to receive. i can't imagine there is any competition at these prices, what does everyone else think? I shopped around for options, mini vans were the only real competition in terms of pricing, but with these options, they were way over priced.

steve