Journey Wheel Lock Set

journey_md

I am assuming you refer to the lugs with the tamper proofed edges (round) and the engraved recess that accepts the key? They work well and cause no balance / alignment issues. They are easy to install (one per rim) and make sure you keep the key in the vehicle somewhere - especially service time - also make sure you get some with the same shoulder & thread as the factory lugs.

• 4 weeks later...

I am assuming you refer to the lugs with the tamper proofed edges (round) and the engraved recess that accepts the key? They work well and cause no balance / alignment issues. They are easy to install (one per rim) and make sure you keep the key in the vehicle somewhere - especially service time - also make sure you get some with the same shoulder & thread as the factory lugs.

I recommend taking the lug key with you when you are not driving. I came out one morning to find my wife's CRV up on bricks. They broke out a small window (after they clipped the alarm wire) then ransacked the car until they found the key. I know it can be a pain, but it was more of a pain getting the tires replaced and for the tow truck guy trying to get the car off the bricks and onto the flatbed without damaging the car. He did an awesome job.

• 1 month later...

Does the installation of wheel lock nut lug affect the wheel balance and aligment?

Any one who have installed them ? any recommendation?

thanks

The locking lug nut will NOT affect the balance, haven't compared the weight difference between the two, but the fact that it's near the ceter of the wheel should not cause you any worries.

the alignment is NOT affected either.

I've got the mopar locking nuts as equiped from the dealer, (they came with the vehicle)

hope this helps

cheers