Cruise Control ans ABS braking

While driving recently with the cruise control I was going up and hill and the car accelerated to maintain 80km, when descending down the hill the car picked up speed and then i noticed a weird noise as if the gears where grinding. So i took the car to the dealership, he couldn't anything wrong, he explaines it was the ABS brakes kicking in to slow the vechile and said it sounds like a motor starting, just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue

Just got back from a 4,215 mile trip through the South West US. Went through Colorado, Utah, South Dakota, Arizona, and all have some pretty good size "hills". Used the cruise alot, but usually when coming down the hill I used the auto-stick. In other words, I down-shifted myself to hold the speed. Other then the rpm's picking up, I noticed no other noise. When the cruise was on and holding speed, again I heard no noise. Hope that helps ya!

Not sure what to tell you. I know driving ours that it seems to gain speed easily going down hill.

It is one of the most free rollingcars we have ever owned. In hilly areas I try and take over

instead of having the cruise do it for me. I get much better mileage doing this than letting the

cruise do it. I can anticipate hills better and then take advantage of the hills also.

I do fee that once broken in that I will be able to better the indicated EPA estimate

on the road with this Journey.

Not to hijack this thread, but since both responders have drove their Journeys quite a distance, how do you guys feel about the transmission shifting? I feel once in a while it can be a bit rough especially downshifting to a lower gear and indecisive at times. Just making sure it's normal and that I didn't get a bad transmission.

Not to hijack this thread, but since both responders have drove their Journeys quite a distance, how do you guys feel about the transmission shifting? I feel once in a while it can be a bit rough especially downshifting to a lower gear and indecisive at times. Just making sure it's normal and that I didn't get a bad transmission.

As combination reply from "down under", as my first auto car for some years, I find the auto not too bad, sometimes needs a good shove on pedal, then goes down 2 gears and takes off, if pushed too far. Coming from manual shift cars I like to use the stick shift & select myself, seems to work very well, & with foot buried to floor can change gears before revs get too high. Can be real clunky on quicker stops while it selects lower gears, worse when in manual mode!!

Have not had noises when on cruise downhill, but when in D, it will downshift on it's own trying to hold speed going downhill.

sep 09 build, SXT 2.7 FWD model

Can be real clunky on quicker stops while it selects lower gears, worse when in manual mode!!

Thanks for feedback. This is what I'm experiencing. I guess it's normal for this kind of vehicle and manufacturer. Drove a German car for quite a number of years prior to this and the transmission shifting is like night and day. :(