off road ability- drive on the beach?

kaconsultant

I havent had my 2010 RT AWD too long, but I had a big grin on my face going down a mud trail last weekend. I am not sure many 2WD vehicles would have made it. It was a little slippery in Reverse up a slight hill, but stopped and started with ease.

I would have no hesitation going on the beach. Some monster dunes would be a little more interesting but I would give 3 to 1 that deep (not too steep) hilly sand is probably OK too.

Let us know how it goes!

I am considering buying the 2010 journey RTAWD 7 row passenger vehicle but I just got rid of a jeep that I always took onto the beach to do fishing and camping. Anyone know if that is possible with the journey?

Haven't tried but oddly enough was wondering the same thing. I ave a 2010 AWD SXT that I was very briefly contemplating bringing out to the Cape Cod National Seashore but am too chicken to test it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

2010 RT-AWD 9800km so far

Like anyting, you can go till u get stuck....... If you do get a bit stuck and cant get it out as the engine will derate when stuck to avoid wheel spin, click the EPS button so it ignores this for full engine power. Sw if equiped, is on the center dash near the hazard button. Sand can be a bugger, about the tie you feel the wheels slipping, it digs down fast. You might have to bleed half your air out of the tires to get more flotation getting unstuck.

• 1 year later...

Haven't tried but oddly enough was wondering the same thing. I ave a 2010 AWD SXT that I was very briefly contemplating bringing out to the Cape Cod National Seashore but am too chicken to test it myself.

I took my 2011 awd Crew on the beach yesterday. It was great in the soft sand of western Fire Island. Turned off the traction control and deflated tires to 18psi. no problem.