Does my Journey have a security alarm?

Hi everyone,

I picked up my 2010 Journey R/T about 2 weeks ago. As it was tranferred locally from a different dealer several hours away, I found that the other dealer did not send/include the Monroney label...the label usually found on windows outlining all the options for that specific vehicle. So my dealer printed out an Options Report, which is very detailed and as I'm told includes everything based off of my vehicles VIN.

So, as I'm looking through all the options (2 pages worth) I noticed one with a code of LSAS and a description of Security Alarm. I put in the DVD that came with the car and searched alarm and read through the manual. It said that upon locking the doors, the alarm indicator light will flash for about 16 seconds rapidly while arming and then a slow blink once armed. I tested and this appears to happen with mine. However, if I lift any door handles or the lift gate, no alarm or lights go off as explained.

I didn't specifically request an alarm, yet this vehicle had to be found and was the only one in Ontario with all the features we wanted in the colour we wanted. So it's possible there's an alarm, but to this point I've not gotten it to work.

Any thoughts?

Thx,

Sam

Welcome Sucosam. If the red light on the dash flashes then you have the alarm. Touching the door handles will not set off the alarm but opening the doors or trying the ignition without the proper key will.

Enjoy your R/T

From the manual.

SECURITY ALARM SYSTEM — IF EQUIPPED

The Vehicle Security Alarm (VSA) system monitors the

vehicle doors and liftgate for unauthorized entry and the

ignition switch for unauthorized operation. If something

triggers the alarm, the system will prevent the vehicle

from starting, sound the horn intermittently, flash the

headlights and taillights, and flash the Vehicle Security

Alarm Indicator Light in the instrument cluster.

Thx BUGS. I had read that part but I guess I interpreted it a little different expecting trying the door handles to engage the alarm. I just wanted to verify if it was there or not as the light indicators told me it was, but the dealer must not have known about it. Thx again.