Proper PSI

So i noticed that the vehicle says it wants like 33 PSI or something in all 4 tires but the tires themselves hold like around 50 PSI.

Anyone run different PSI's and if so was there a positive change in handling/performance? Any negative?

I run 40 in all 4 and it seems to pefrorm well although it does get a bit jumpy around corners.

Going to 40 PSI should not be a problem. I would think the MAX Air pressure might though.

I tend to check my air pressures with a hand held gauge at least once a month. When traveling, I check them every

morning and adjust as I can.

Every Oil Change I check the treadwear across the tire in 5 spots and record it. By around 10,000 miles I know

exactly what tire pressure works out best for tire wear and MPG. My starting pressure when I get my Journey

will be right at 40 psi.

If you are using earth air in your tires don't forget that tire pressure can increase as the vehicle rolls along on hot pavement. Likewise, in cooler weather it will decrease. The only option to stop this fluctuation is using nitrogen. I believe most Journeys come with Nitro in the tires. Transport Safety recommendations as stated on the sticker in the vehicle that deals with the tire size and pressure is there for a reason.

If you are using earth air in your tires don't forget that tire pressure can increase as the vehicle rolls along on hot pavement. Likewise, in cooler weather it will decrease. The only option to stop this fluctuation is using nitrogen. I believe most Journeys come with Nitro in the tires. Transport Safety recommendations as stated on the sticker in the vehicle that deals with the tire size and pressure is there for a reason.

Hmm, we have nitro in our RV tires because as the RV tends to sit for long periods of time when not being used the Nitro prevens tire wear while in storage and prolongs the life of the tires.

I will have to call a tire guy and have this conversation with him.

I am surprised your Journey does not have Nitrogen in the tires. You can usually tell...one way ..once installed they normally put a green valve cap on the stem. Two..there may be a sticker (green) on the door glass indicating same. Nitrogen can be had from most reputable tire dealers. Nitrogen is air with the water removed basically. It does not leach through the tires and is not effected by temperature swings. Word of caution. Ensure all earth air is removed and the tires are dry inside before having nitrogen installed. Then if necessary top up with nitrogen only. It may cost $5.00 per tire but worth it. Because the H2O has been removed there is less water and therefore less corrosion on the rims as well. Race cars, airplanes and emergency vehicles have been using it for years.