Rust Check

jaymista

I have a couple of friends who both raved highly about the "Rust Check" procedure as being the way to go re protecting the car from rusting. I have never used this service as for all I know, my Dodge dealer's service must be just as good. Does anyone know if Rust Check is superior to other methods of car protection and what does Rust Check do that my Dodge dealer wouldn't do. I have no idea of the difference in costs of each.

Krown is what I prefer. I have seen some studies where it outperformed other name brands quite well. Some city bus's were fitted with steel plates behind the rear wheels and were coated with several products to see which one suited their needs best. I was surprised at how inferior some 'reputable' products performed. Krown performed the best in this case and I have used it for about 10 years now on various vehicles. Always satisfied. Now one must continue the annual maintenance of course (re-application) just like others. New parts, added on accessories etc are touched for free anytime as part of their guarantee. Repairs after damage are done as well as part of the package. I have no other affiliation with this company other than as a customer who is very satisfied with the purchase and the result. The 'rust proofing' applied by the dealers is no better and costs 2-4 times the price. There is no effect on the vehicle warranty by this application.

Another thing, get it done in the spring of each year if you can. Before humidity season sets in. Winter ice and salt found in eastern Canada plays havoc with all of these products.

• 5 months later...

I brought my Journey to the local Dodge dealer a month ago and got the car undercoated. I am not sure what they use for this. Technically, the clear coat and the undercoating is all under warranty buy my Journey is now going on three years old so I put on a couple of good coats of wax and got the undercoating done. I think it was just so I had peace of mind. The undercoating cost $100 plus tax and they told me it should be done on a yearly basis.