Ordered my Journey -- be here in 6 - 8 weeks

dscmmc5555

I orederd my new Journey on Friday Thursday April 24th. They tell me it should be here in 6-8 weeks. I am hoping it comes in faster than that because I would love to have it for my Trip starting June 1st.

Welcome to the site 5555. 6-8 weeks waiting??? I think maybe a little sooner than that. Tell us what you ordered with all the options. Been waiting long enough for ours But the Nav system set us back. Had a ship date as April 23rd "HOPEFULLY" here before the wife's Birthday on the 15th of May. The wait will start to make you go insane, just read some of the posts from other members :hysterical:

Rob

I ordered the R/T with FWD. Almost got AWD but I live in Phoenix, Az. and never go offroad. I got this just to commute to work. I got the 3 row -- manily for the back air cond. since I live in the hottest place during the summer.

Here's what I got:

Conv. grp 2

Entertainment grp. 2

Flex seating grp.

rear seat video

All of these groups together make it so I get the upgraded stereo, navigational, all the works etc...

I already can't wait to get this thing.

My wife is looking forward to it as well.

I am replacing a 92' Ford Explorer.

I ordered the R/T with FWD. Almost got AWD but I live in Phoenix, Az. and never go offroad. I got this just to commute to work. I got the 3 row -- manily for the back air cond. since I live in the hottest place during the summer.

Here's what I got:

Conv. grp 2

Entertainment grp. 2

Flex seating grp.

rear seat video

All of these groups together make it so I get the upgraded stereo, navigational, all the works etc...

I already can't wait to get this thing.

My wife is looking forward to it as well.

I am replacing a 92' Ford Explorer.

Great, another member with the navigation ordered, I think that makes 3 of us so far Kconnors, Yourself and me. Did you download any of the manuals yet? There is one for the Journey and one for the Navigation/radio system The radio model is REU, exclusive to the Journey

Rob

Great, another member with the navigation ordered, I think that makes 3 of us so far Kconnors, Yourself and me. Did you download any of the manuals yet? There is one for the Journey and one for the Navigation/radio system The radio model is REU, exclusive to the Journey

Rob

I downloaded both the radio and the car manual. I have read through both of them. I am hoping that I get my car quicker than 8 weeks since I live close to Mexico. I will keep everyone updated on the progress.

Seth

Great Seth, let us know the progress of your order as you get the news from the dealer

Rob

\

Just got an update from dealer. They say that the order was accepted from the factory and it will be on the assembly line within the week. Fleet Manager stated it can take up to 4 weeks to be completely built. Since we live near Mexico, we could be looking at about 5 weeks before we can pick it up. If that is the real time frame, I will be on vacation when the car is delivered. If this happens, all I have to say is that no one better test drive my car. Is there a way to find out what the milage is on a car once it is placed on a truck for delivery?

Seth

Hi Seth,

Congrats on your new Journey. I would like to make a small correction to Rob. I didn't get the Nav Package but I got the Safe and Sound Package which includes the back-up camera but the video screen is down lower near the gear shift. With the Nav Package the screen is on top and you lose the little storage area that is otherwise there. Bye the way, my Journey is on the train heading North somewhere between Texas and Montreal with a delivery date now of 16 May 08. It will be unloaded in Montreal and trucked to Ottawa.

On the question of other people using you car to test drive - It should never happen! The vehicle was ordered by you for you with the options, etc. that you ordered and will come with your name on the invoice. It was ordered by you through the dealer and at no time will the dealer be at liberty to use it as a demonstrator.

Dealers order in other vehicles (Seperate Dealership Orders) to sell on spec to other people and those vehicles are used to test drive. These vehicles will normally have less than 100 Mi on when sold and they usually have only a few options to keep the price down and made them a more attractive buy. I don't think a dealer would be stupit enought to use a special ordered vehicle as a demonstrater. But ha, I've been wrong before!

Good luck with your new Journey.

Keith