Backup camera intermittent upside down pic and random blank screen

I have a 2020 crossroad with 67k miles. The backup camera sometimes has blank screen, upside down 8mage or wavy lines . Also the ac and radio won’t power on when I start the car. But if I slam the driver door in anger when it happens it will work even the camera when I go to restart. Could this be a ground wire issue or loose power wire issue behind he radio/ view screen module? Or is it something that is failing and have to look at replacing the whole center module? Thank for any help I can get.

when my camera started doing that they ended up replacing the actual camera at the rear hatch, left drivers door at the rubber boot is a know wire spot for breaking or shorting out there,this has been covered in the forum check it out

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

long time since I have posted here (apologises) . Well last week my reversing camera decided to invert the image or just show lots of black lines. So after checking out youtube decided to replace it myself. The boot lid cover is a bit of a pain to get off, just go slow there are about 12 clips that need to be popped off the body.

I ordered this camera from ebay Australia(may be cheaper in USA)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/195518343909

and now my camera looks like this

dodgecamera.jpeg.023fe197996909cb7a1363dd9bc52ee5.jpeg

Happy day.

its been almost 9 years of ownership & 117,000km and the Journey still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it

:)

9 hours ago, gazjoureny said:

Hi All,

long time since I have posted here (apologises) . Well last week my reversing camera decided to invert the image or just show lots of black lines. So after checking out youtube decided to replace it myself. The boot lid cover is a bit of a pain to get off, just go slow there are about 12 clips that need to be popped off the body.

I ordered this camera from ebay Australia(may be cheaper in USA)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/195518343909

and now my camera looks like this

dodgecamera.jpeg.023fe197996909cb7a1363dd9bc52ee5.jpeg

Happy day.

its been almost 9 years of ownership & 117,000km and the Journey still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it

:)           Please report back if this soles your problem mine was covered under my ext, warranty and they said it was the camera causing the problem like you are describing, i didnt think the camera would case the problem but it did fix my 

• 2 weeks later...