Ac turns on by itself (2017)

BarbJourney

Hello, I’ve already read several similar issues people have had but mine didn’t start until after I was in an accident that damaged my front passenger side. Most of the damage was the bumper, light, and slight damage to the hood. I didn’t drive my car much until I took it to the collision center a little less than 48 hours after the accident, and on the way that’s when the issue first started. I called my insurance and let them know as well as the collision center when I was enroute, as I didn’t list it on my initial claim. From the receipt I got today when I picked up my vehicle the A/M CAPA RADIATOR SUPPORT (SMC) was replaced. I picked my car up today, had the ac on most of the drive but a few minutes after I turned it off the ac started coming back on by itself again. I’ve contacted my insurance company already, and I plan on taking it back to the collision center when I get the go ahead but any idea what they’ll need to replace?

Edited by BarbJourney

well,how would we know what needs to be replaced after an accident that is causing your ac to turn on by itself? not being rude but they might have put in a def part or maybe and a strong possibility  short in the connector that connects to the ac compressor , it can  happens after a repair of any vehicles,I would rest assured that they will fix your vehicle  with no problem.. yrs ago i had a bad accident and the truck had to go back to the shop several times to fix things they had missed during the int repair and they were supposed to be the best shop in town...LOL to be honest i have never used them ever again but they did finally get everything fixed to my satisfaction