Hey all,

In the last weeks the keyless entry on my drivers side door Dodge journey 2011 stopped working. This feature usually unlocks my door when I place my hand in the door handle and locks it when I press the button on the handle.
This is the only feature that has stopped working; the actual key FOB can still lock/unlock the door with the buttons on the FOB. Even the passenger side keyless entry works. The problem is only on the drivers side door. 
Any suggestions on what can cause this issue?

Thanks

Possibly broken wires in the door jamb? I had to repair the wiring in the hatch jamb for the rear view camera. The wires they use anymore are very thin and tend to break in jambs where they flex. It could be the sensor in that door as well but I have read several posts about broken wires in the drivers door jamb and hatch. I have not seen anyone with a bad sensor/receiver.

I replied to your original posting. There are 2 very small wires that are part of the exterior door handle. Dodge had a problem where those wires would break from movement stress, as they were too short on the 2011 models. Later year and replacements had slightly longer wires. My 2011 bought used had this same problem. Very pricey replacement door handle, so I took the handle out and fixed the wire, adding extra length wire. Have had the car 3+ years now and no more trouble from that situation.

There are a number of Youtube videos on how to remove the exterior door handle.