Need help with my 2009 dodge journey

CrisA

Morning I was trying to see if anyone could help me with the problem in having with my 09 dodge journey sxt 

Okay so my problem is that sometimes when I try to start my car it won’t start when turning the key like all interior lights come on and dash but the car won’t turn on ( there’s no clicking when turning the key) so the thing I have to do it wait about 5 min and then try it again then the car turns on after that I could go 1-2 weeks with no problem until it starts doing it again it ( just won’t turn on even after turning the key 2-3 times , I always have to wait 5-10 min to try it again so it starts. The alternator is bran new and so it the battery so I don’t know what could be my problem if someone could help.

( I have also already added a second ground from the battery to my cars body and the battery terminals are all tight )

If you switch to neutral after no start, will it start ? If it always will it’s transmission range selector switch issue.  If it’s the 2.4 engine the CPS sensor can cause stalling and no starts with out a code.  Scan for codes even if mil light is no on. Always a good starting point.

TIPM module is another random no start cause on 2009-10 models. By pass harness can be made up to prove it’s the problem. 
But mechanics prefer guessing and installing $700 part instead.