Climate control repeatedly turns on by itself

Spifficult

I have a 2019 journey that I've had barely a year.  Most of the summer it was fine, but the past few weeks the climate control will turn on by itself.  A lot of the times, I push OFF and it comes right back on. I believe I have the manual dual zone. Today it was 66°, not humid, and it did it about 8 times in a row. Only while driving,not while parked or sitting still.  Of course the manufacturer warranty ended last month. 

6 hours ago, CBD said:

Do you have controls for the rear vents in the head liner? If so, you have to make sure that is off as well. If that is on it will keep turning the front controls on.

Mine had this issue even with the rear (headliner) controls turned off and locked.  I replaced the rear controls with a junkyard unit and it fixed the issue.

7 hours ago, CBD said:

Do you have controls for the rear vents in the head liner? If so, you have to make sure that is off as well. If that is on it will keep turning the front controls on.

Shortly after I posted this my car made me a liar. I was sitting in the parking lot with my car running and it turned itself on.  Shut the back off with the back headliner control and still did it again. I'll see what happens on my next drive that's longer than 5 minutes. 

Mine is a little finicky. With the AC on (both front and back) shut the back off first, then the front. Make sure the back is at off. On mine, there is a "dot" for off and then it can go one more click to "AUTO". If it is on "AUTO", it will still come back on.

5 hours ago, CBD said:

Mine is a little finicky. With the AC on (both front and back) shut the back off first, then the front. Make sure the back is at off. On mine, there is a "dot" for off and then it can go one more click to "AUTO". If it is on "AUTO", it will still come back on.

Thank you, I will do this. I didn't even look when I reached back to turn it off so maybe I accidentally put it on auto. I'm not sure if there's an auto option, but I'll make sure to check now.